"Her unbearable sorrow grew and grew until she was entirely covered with long, mournful hair."
- Wall Gazer
The Wall Gazer, previously known as Woman Facing the Wall (F-01-18), is a pale, bare woman with long, black hair that completely obscures her face. She kneels with her hands pressed against the wall and occasionally stretches her neck to inhuman lengths.
Her special ability will trigger when her Qliphoth counter reach 0. Her counter might decrease by 1 when getting a Normal result or guaranteed to decrease by 1 when getting a Bad mental result. Performing Attachment work will also decrease her counter.
When the ability is triggered, this will cause a 'jumpscare', with a female scream and distortion of the screen, dealing high White Type damage to all the employees of the same department, even if are out of the department.
Additionally, employees with Temperance Level 1 will panic at the end of work from turning back to face her.
The exact details of her origin are currently unknown, but it's mentioned in her last encyclopedia entry that a female subject is described with a similar behavior of the Abnormality after an interaction with her, because of knowing her name.
How and where the Abnormality was captured is still unknown, as well how she got her anomalous effects.
Wall Gazer responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Attachment, Instinct, Repression, and Insight. Beware, even when Attachment is a work with an always successful work result, it will trigger her ability.
Like all Abnormalities, her energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Wall Gazer's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-3 E Boxes will cause her to feel distressed, completing 4-7 will cause her to feel normal, and 8-14 will cause her result to be in the happy range. Her usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (TETH), portrait, Damage Type (White 2 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (14), emotional state and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4/5 (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "If the employee sent to Wall Gazer is temperance level 1, there is a risk of listening to her and looking back. The employee who turns around immediately panics."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When Daphne employee tried to do the attachment work to Wall Gazer, Qliphoth counter was decreased immediately."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- ")When the work result was normal, Wall Gazer's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Works 4"
- ")When the work result was bad, Wall Gazer's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
- "Managerial Works 5"
- "When Wall Gazer's counter reaches zero, every employee in the department take White type damage."
Escape Information (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. plus its Qliphoth counter. "Non Escaped Object"
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +6
Unlocks the Armor 'Shrill Scream'.
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +6%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Shrill Scream'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Speed Rate +4
- "The creature takes the shape of a woman standing toward the wall."
- "As it is always in the same position, no-one knows what its face looks like. Sometimes, it would talk to itself or sob but direct communication is impossible. It is impossible to know what it's seeing or thinking."
- "The creature tries to talk to the subject but if the subject turns around in order to respond, he or she may suffer from physical or psychological harm. There are absurd rumours of people turning into stone upon being attacked but there is no supporting evidence of that."
- "<Excerpt from Observation Log #1-304> There is one important thing. There is no need to give it any attention. The creature endlessly tries to attract our attention. Its blurred whispers make one listen intently. When one is leaving the confinement area, the creature may utter words filled with hate or desperation to cause the subject to turn around. One would need to watch their inadvertent actions. Just as one would turn around at the sound of their name, one would unwittingly turn around at unidentified sounds. I warn the people who come after me, who maybe reading this log; you must not make the grave mistake of letting this creature learn your name. For sure, this creature's purpose is to make us turn around, and that is all. Do not become curious of the Abnormality regardless of the things going on inside."
- "<Excerpt from Interview Log #9-39> Employee F5004: <Redacted>was one of my proteges. Of course, all of the employees that came after me were, but <Redacted> was special. This kid had a rare passion for the work. I don't know how the creature got hold of <Redacted>'s name. Perhaps someone had called <Redacted>'s name in the confinement zone by mistake. We should have sent two people in, but we are always lacking employees. And the Abnormality wasn't even that threatening. Even if we had sent two in, the bosses wouldn't have like it. (Omitted) Oh... the rest is just as you know it. On the day of the accident, XXth of XXXX, <Redacted> was sent into confinement zone, and <Redacted> didn't return for a while. I knew <Redacted> wasn't the type to dawdle so I went to observe. She was in the room. Thankfully, I couldn't see any external injuries. She just looked seriously unwell. Not good at all. (Omitted) She had to leave the company the very next day. I heard that she was sent to a mental institute but no one had seen <Redacted> since then. Facing the wall and murmuring, non-responsive, acted like that until the hospital, I heard. That was the last of it. Nobody knows what happened in that room. She probably won't be able to tell you."
Flavour Text Edit
- "After hearing what she is whispering, it is not hard to figure out that Wall Gazer had been ignoring somebody for a long time."
- "Diction is faint and unclear as if it was covered under a veil."
- "None of the employees have ever seen the face of the lady. That doesn't mean that anyone is willing to look at her face."
- "Wall Gazer always stands in same position. Nothing is different than sculpture except its mumbling sound."
- "While working, <name> hears indecipherable whispering of Wall Gazer."
- "<Name> seems to thoroughly understand that ignoring is the best solution."
- "Employee <name> has finished <task> on Wall Gazer. She might have moved her head a little bit."
- "All we know of Wall Gazer is that we know her of as her name goes by. Stay cautious."
- "Wall Gazer hasn't even moved in the slightest but knows that <name> is in this containment room."
- "The whispering sound seems to be getting louder."
- "<Name> is hastening their work process to get out of the room as quick as possible."
- "The containment room is calm while <name> is working. Wall Gazer is breaking the silence by whispering."
- "Just a little more attention could help to comprehend the meaning but no employee is actually trying."
- "<Name> is not giving any response as if one was wearing earplugs."
- "Let's just hope that employees have not forgotten to bring their ear plugs."
- "Wall Gazer has a figure of a lady with drearily drooping long hair."
- Her ability "Orpheus" (see Legacy version) is a reference to a Greek mythological character of the same name. The story is about him and his wife, Eurydice, who died from stepping on a viper while trying to escape Aristaeus. Orpheus had a great ability with the music, which allowed him to retrieve his wife from the Underworld on one condition: He couldn't look back at her until they left the Underworld. However, before they reached the Upperworld, his anxiety overtook him and he looked back at her. He lost her once again, eventually he himself being killed Dionysus's orders to join her in the underworld.
- In this case, Wall Gazer will bring consequences to everyone who looks back to her.
- In one of her entries is also mentioned that those who look back at her might turn into stone, which might be a reference to a greek mythological creature, the Gorgon.
- Even though the Wall Gazer is kneeling in the game, her encyclopedia entries talk about her standing instead.