"Now in this forest full of hearts, the forest will remain the same, full of trees."
- Warm-Hearted Woodsman's Entry
Warm-Hearted Woodsman (F-05-32) is a large mechanical humanoid entity made of metal with some parts covered in moss. It possess a head similar to a knight's helmet, has an empty open cavity covered in blood, and is always holding a large gray axe with one of its hands.
Its special ability is activated when its Qliphoth counter reachs 0. It can decrease by 1 when a Bad work result occurs or when the employee who finishes the work has Temperance Level 3 or higher.
Unlike other Abnormalities, it will not breach once the counter reaches 0. The next employee who enters its containment room will be killed by the Abnormality and will shove the corpse of the employee into its chest, creating a heart-like organ in it. Afterwards, it will breach.
When breaching, the Abnormality has slow movement but very high HP. It will use melee attacks that deal average Red Damage with a normal attack speed. Sometimes, it will charge its axe to deal several Red Damage hits to the same target in quick succession, with the final attack slamming the axe on the target and dealing high Red Damage. If it walks on a corpse of an employee, it will pick up the remains and add them to its 'heart', healing itself. It will continue breaching until the day ends or is suppressed.
The Warm-Hearted Woodsman took the role of the Tin Man, called the Tin Woodsman, of the story of The Wizard of Oz, along with the other characters: Dorothy, the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion. Due to them being incomplete, they embarked into a journey together to find the wizard and make their wishes true.
When they found the wizard, the rest of characters received what they wanted, with some satisfaction, except for the Tin Woodsman, who received a 'worthless' lead heart. Trying to convince that its wish became true, the wizard said that it is only a machine and that hearts are for humans. The lead heart was too hard and cold that he could not see their friends again, becoming sad.
The Woodsman disagreed with the wizard, swinging the axe towards the wizard's chest, revealing his heart beating vigorously. The Tin Woodsman placed the lead heart in the wizard's chest, feeling for the first time pleasure about this sight.
Following the events, the Woodsman started to cut down people instead trees, taking out their hearts and adding them to its own in the open cavity in its chest.
At some point, the Tin Woodsman ended captured by the Corporation. The fate of the other characters is unknown (Except for the Scarecrow).
Warm-Hearted Woodsman responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Attachment; Insight, Repression and Instinct.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Warm-Hearted Woodsman's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 9-14 will cause it to feel normal, and 15-18 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 16 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (HE), portrait, Damage Type (White 3 - 5), the amount of E-Boxes (18), their emotional state and Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 5 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3 (Cost: 8 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When the work result was bad, Qliphoth counter has decreased."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "An employee whose temperance is over Level 3 completed the work, lowering the Qliphoth counter."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "When an employee enters and the Qliphoth Counter is at 0, he will die immediately. Then the Abnormality will escape."
Escape Information (Cost: 16 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth counter (1). This includes its defenses when breaching:
Red: Vulnerable (1.5) - White: Endured (0.8) - Black: Endured (0.8) - Pale: Normal (1.0)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Speed Rate +4
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +4
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Logging'.
- "It is a human-like machine Abnormality which the whole body is made out of metal. It holds big axes in both hands but doesn't move. It also appears you can't move either."
- "The friends were incomplete in some way, so they embarked on a journey together to make their wishes come true. The Scarecrow wanted a brain, the Tin Woodsman wanted a heart, the Cowardly Lion wanted courage, and Dorothy wanted to go back home.
The Woodsman finally found the great wizard, only to receive a worthless lead heart."
- "But you're a machine, that's made for humans. Don't you understand? A machine doesn't need a heart. Thank you for coming all this way though. Take this, it's all I have to give you. Be sure to tell everyone that your wish came true." Some left with satisfaction, but he could not see his friends again. He started to become sad because the lead in his heart was too hard and cold."
- "The Woodsman disagreed. He swung his ax with anger and penetrated the wizard's chest. His heart was warm and started beating vigorously. He placed the lead into the wizard's chest. The Woodsman began to laugh at the spectacular sight and for the first time, he felt pleasure that he had never felt before.
Now the Woodsman puts random hearts into his chest. He has an insatiable need for hearts. Once called the Woodsman now cuts down humans instead of trees. Now in this forest full of hearts, the forest will remain the same, full of trees. Those who have a warm mind also will have a warm heart, too."
- "If the Woodsman loses his hearts, he will fall to his knees in despair. He would become heartless. How could you take the only thing he has left."
Flavour Text Edit
- "<Name>, there's no need to be afraid of the Warm-hearted Woodsman if you're not a warm hearted person."
- "Warm-hearted Woodsman collect hearts. It is thought that if it fixes its heart, it will be able to love."
- "Those that were once someone's else hearts were now shoved into Warm-hearted Woodsman indiscriminately."
- The Abnormality is part of the twisted story of the children's novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, playing the role of Tin Woodman.