"The smiling faces are eerie and full of sorrow."
- The Mountain of Smiling Bodies' Entry
The Mountain of Smiling Bodies (T-01-75) is an Abnormality taking the form of a big black spherical mass, encrusted with different parts or debris. It possess a big mouth with visible teeth with some tips covered on blood; and has 2 limbs to support itself. Part of its body is covered with white masks with twisted expressions, all with two black eyes and a mouth.
- An employee enters in its containment injured ( HP or SP missing or not full at Max).
- The employee dies in its containment.
- Getting a Bad work result.
- 10 or more employees die in the facility (This doesn't include employees killed by Execution Bullets).
When the counter reaches 0, it will breach. When escaping the containment, it has a big amount of HP and average Movement Speed. It will try to bite nearby employees, dealing a considerable amount of Red Damage while trying to eat them in the process. When it walks over corpse, it will consume it and heal itself. After a certain number of corpses were consumed, it will grow an 'extra' part, similar to itself and will be attached to one of its sides, as well recover and increasing its Max HP. This can happen twice and once is done, the Abnormality will not be defeated by depleting its HP only once. Once its HP is depleted to the half with an extra part, the last addition will be removed and will return to full HP.
The Abnormality will perform other attacks by the amount of extra parts that it possess at the moment:
- With 1 extra part, it can perform a roar for a moment when it sees a target. The roar deals great Black Damage to any targets in the same room.
- With 2 extra parts, it will start to slam other employees or Abnormalities with them, dealing great Black Damage, or spit an acid substance, dealing drastic Black Damage and slow any targets in front its area of effect.
It prefers to wander around the same department or move without any specific pattern, usually turning back when reaching a door. It will remain breaching until suppressed or the day ends.
The Mountain of Smiling Bodies was formed after an accident with an Abnormality which left several causalities and, oddly, all the employees who died were in the same spot, with the corpses piled up on each other. Due to the graphic attack, a Sephirah allowed a request to postpone the collection of the bodies. Time passed and the corpses were still there, rotting quickly due to some of them having bad shape or health.
After a long time, the bodies fused into the Abnormality's current form. The fusion occurred when the corpses were 'smiling', sharing all their body parts, becoming sentient but not fully consciousness, having only one objective in their mind: flesh. The Abnormality constantly seeks for corpses to grow bigger and satisfy its hunger for more.
In the entries, the story seems to be tell by an employee of the company, working in a department were probably the incident occurred, but is sure that Abnormality was contained there after its creation. Near the last entries, the employee tells that, likely the manager, did a well job in quarantine the department, with them being the only left in the department due to The Mountain of Smiling Bodies breaching. The employee eats a bomb and warn them to come and get rid of the other dead employees once the bombs goes off.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Mountain of Smiling Bodies's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-11 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 12-22 will cause it to feel Normal, and 23-33 will make its mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 30 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level ( ALEPH), portrait, Damage Type ( Black 6 - 9), the amount of E-Boxes (33), their emotional state and Qliphoth Counter.
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "When <name> employee working inside dies, The Mountain of Smiling Bodies's Qliphoth counter will be reduced."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When a wounded employee enters the Containment Unit, The Mountain of Smiling Bodies's Qliphoth counter will be reduced."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the work result was bad, Qliphoth counter has decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When 10 or more employees die inside the facility, the Qliphoth counter will be reduced."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "When escaping, The Mountain of Smiling Bodies is sensitive to corpses. When suppressing, it is recommended to make sure no one dies because of The Mountain of Smiling Bodies. If casualties do happen, try to keep The Mountain of Smiling Bodies from the dead."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "If The Mountain of Smiling Bodies's suppression has been not completed on the previous level of management, you must be very careful to prevent any deaths inside the section of The Mountain of Smiling Bodies."
- "Managerial Tips 7"
- "After escaping, when The Mountain of Smiling Bodies spawned other entities, it won't be completely suppressed by simply reducing its HP to 0. The Mountain of Smiling Bodies will only be suppressed by reducing its HP and removing all the other spawned entities."
Observation Level Edit
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the HP and SP by 5 points. Has the appearance of a white mask, similar to one of the faces of the Abnormality, and has a 1% of being equipped to the employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Unlocks the Weapon and Armor 'Smile'.
- "One typical day an accident happened and several dozen employees died. Something escaped during containment, but something else also escaped...
Luckily the department was sealed off before the accident could get any worse. Unfortunately, everyone died in the same place. It became a mountain of bodies, literally. This task was something no one wanted to clean up. Normally, it would have been taken care of withing the day, but due to the horrific nature of the accident, the clean up was delayed with authorization from the department's Sephirah. Don't ask me which department it was, I don't remember all the details."
- "Bodies left out in the open will begin to rot within a few hours. Most of the bodies were in bad shape, so they rotted even faster. guess you don't know it yet, but most of the employees here are very good at cleaning up dead bodies. Repetition of cleaning up will make anyone an expert, even if you don't want to be. If someone asks you about what's for dinner after someone had died just a few minutes prior, even with the repeated experiences, will help you from running away and vomiting."
- "Well, the mountain should have been removed quickly, but it remained in the department for a long time. Nature had its way of rotting, melting and corroding everything."
- "That's how the mountain of bodies came to be. Amazing, huh? I got something else to tell you. The dead fused with one another while smiling in the process. They shared body parts; they became each other's legs and mouth. But this didn't mean they regained their consciousness. They had only one thing on their mind: flesh. When there's an announcement of someone's death, you must check to see if this thing has been quarantined. It will move quickly towards the smell. The smiling faces are eerie and full of sorrow.
Its appetite is insatiable as it fathers more bodies, growing bigger in the process.
I am telling you all of this because it's almost time. Accidents keep occurring. Some would just briefly mourn but is that it, really? Well, you did a good job on quarantining this department. I'm the only one left. Did you learn anything from this horrible story? It's similar to most stories, so let's not get complacent. If my voice stops, you have just three minutes to get here and get rid of your colleagues."
- "Soon you won't hear my voice anymore. I'm about to swallow a large bomb. Time's running out. Blood is flowing all around here. I see all the smiling faces now... Something you don't see much around here.
Don't be surprised when you hear a loud explosion. Like I said, in precisely 3 minutes. This bomb has to work. The last body to fall will be mine."
Flavour Text Edit
- "<Name> is looking for the smell of the body with many smiles."
- "The Mountain of Smiling Bodies waits for the smell of blood coming soon, keeping all the laughs of those who could not be seen here."
- This is the first Abnormality to use corpses as a way to trigger its own effects.
- It possibly represents Necrophobia, the fear of dead things.