"All that remained was the hollow pride of a weathered knight."
-The Knight of Despair's Entry
The Knight of Despair (O-01-73), also known as one of the Magical Girls, is a humanoid Abnormality with the appearance of a pale skinned girl with blue hair that gets darker and turns to black at the end of her hair. Her head is topped with a tiara that has three spade shaped endings. Half of her head is black with sharp horn segments coming out of it. The other half of her head is her pale skin tone with a black tear on her cheek.
The upper part of her arms show her normal skin while her forearm is covered by the black coloring. Her dress starts at her chest with a grey coloring and black spade on her breast, and as it moves down it turns to blue and then to black at the end. There is a noticeable galaxy-like pattern in her hair and dress. A white translucent cloak comes off of her back.
The Knight of Despair's ability will trigger when an employee first performs a Good work result. If this happens, she will create a blue veil around the employee before they leave the room, blessing the agent and giving them a special state.
The special state is marked with an icon above the affected employee. The blessing halves all Red, White and Black Damage received, but doubles Pale Damage and prevents the employee from performing any other work besides Suppression. The blessing remains until the end of the day and only one blessing is given at a time.
If the blessed employee dies or panics, the state will be removed and the Abnormality will breach and her appearance will change, revealing black spears floating beside her, along an eye open and multiple spikes coming out from her body.
She possess a decent amount of HP and slow Movement Speed. Like the other Magical Girls, The Knight of Despair possess teleporting abilities to reach any room in the facility between some intervals. Once facing an employee, she will throw a homing spear toward them, dealing Pale Damage (~75%), slowing them for a pair of seconds, and impaling them in the case they die. Her attacks take intervals to occur, she must stop to perform them and her cry can be used to locate her.
She keep breaching until the day ends or she's suppressed. Once defeated, her spears will raise around her and impale herself, as spade particle effects come out in the impact.
In the past, she was once a knight who protected a kingdom and the people that they needed her. After a conflict in the state, evil started to grow stronger. When the knight realized that only evil remained, she started to become evil herself, corrupting her will and letting her greed to take over. Along with others who fought for justice, they were consumed by evil and vanished.
But the knight tried to redeemed herself by saving others, not totally under the corruption of evil, but forgotten by the ones she used to protect.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Knight of Despair's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-7 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 8-14 will cause it to feel Normal, and 15-24 will make it's mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "The first employee who completes the work with Good results will receive The Knight of Despair's blessing. (From then on, the employee will be named O-01-73-1.)"
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "O-01-73-1 could only do suppression as work. Also, thanks to the blessing, Red, White, and Black type damage dealt to O-01-73-1 will be reduced to half. Only Pale type damage will be doubled."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "Blessing dissipates when O-01-73-1 dies or panics. After the blessing disappears, a new blessing can be given to another employee."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When O-01-73-1 panics and it escapes from the Containment room. The same results happen when O-01-73-1 dies."
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. This includes her defenses when breaching:
Observation Level Edit
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the SP, Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 3. Has the appearance of a black tear on the cheek of the employee and has a 2% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Unlocks the Weapon and Armor 'A Sword Sharpened by Tears'.
- "An Abnormality of despair which was repeatedly stabbed in the back black tears are its only emotion."
- "It was a former hero, a guardian of justice in the past. It protected the king, the state, the city, and those in need. A knight had to uphold the laws of god and pursue valor, chivalry, and justice. But after a long history of conflict, the knight realized that nothing was truly upheld. The truth changed the people. When the one who fought for justice realized that only evil remained, started to become evil himself. The one who dreamed of a world of peace has now turned evil allowing his greed to devour everything. Like them, many others who once thought to be pure of heart turned to the dark side and vanished."
- "Who said a knight never cried? Have you ever seen tears flowing from despair, not sadness? The endless stream of sorrow turned the eye sockets into empty shells. A black diamond fell just like ash. As if its will to protect still remains, it is obsessed with protecting even while imprisoned. All that remained was the hollow pride of a weathered knight. People who see the hero that can’t abandon the past are filled with pity."
- "When Justice turns its back on you, several dozen blades will linger on without a purpose. Pity over another failure rages against the world that ultimately causes them to turn their backs on those in need.
- "A knight who wanted to redeem himself by saving others is now called a knight of despair, forgotten from the minds of the very people he used to protect."
Flavour Text Edit
- <Name> designated to The Knight of Despair containment room."
- "The Knight of Despair sometimes sheds helpless tears, not saying anything to <Name>."
- "The Knight of Despair lives in the past, just like her sisters."
- The Knight of Despair is the third of three Magical Girls, the other's being The Queen of Hatred and The King of Greed.
- The Knight of Despair is the first Abnormality which can breach without the need of a Qliphoth counter.