"Tell the baby it will get its favorite flavored candy, grape."
- The Dreaming Current's entry
The Dreaming Current (T-02-71) is an animal Abnormality with the form of a shark of color similar to cobalt blue. The shark possess two wide mouths with rows of teeth, with rainbow colored tongues sticking out of them; a visible black eye, with probably the other hidden; with liquid of the same color dripping near the bottom, a syringe embedded in a side of its body surrounded by a bloody mark or wound, on its lower body seems to have 'gunshots' with blood dripping of the holes and it possess 2 legs without toes on its feet. In containment, it constantly make gurgling sounds, similar to water flowing.
Its ability triggers when its Qliphoth counter reaches 0. Its Qliphoth counter will decrease by 1 when an employee panics while working with it and when the employee has Temperance Level 1. Both can stack and decrease the Qliphoth counter by 2.
After the counter reaches 0, The Dreaming Current will breach, selecting a nearby hallway next to its containment room and other random hallways in the facility, usually 1 per other department, to be covered by a rainbow liquid, making any employee on them slower and decreasing their MP overtime, while recovering HP.
At the start, The Dreaming Current will stand at the end of the hallway, in one of the sides; preparing itself, making splashing sounds for some moments. Afterwards, it will charge at a drastic speed to the opposite side with its jaw open, leaving a trail of rainbow bubbles and dealing a great amount of Red Damage to anything in its path. When reaching the other side of the hallway, the Abnormality will teleport to other affected hallway and continue the charge, repeating until it has passed almost all of them and stopping in the end of the room, standing idle for a while before preparing itself to charge again to the opposite side. The Dreaming Current goes through an order of hallways and it will stop charging just in 2 locations, the hallway next to its containment room and in another of the selected ones.
The only open chances to suppress the Abnormality are when it's idle or preparing to charge.
Part of its origin is known but will be written later.
The Dreaming Current responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Instinct, Repression, Attachment; and Insight.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Dreaming Current's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-5 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 6-10 will cause it to feel normal, and 11-20 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit Edit
Basic (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (WAW), portrait, Damage Type (White 3 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (20), emotional states and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 7 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3 (Cost: 10 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When employee <name> panics during work, Qliphoth counter will be reduced."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the temperance Level 1 employee completed the work, Qliphoth counter has decreased."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "The liquid The Dreaming Current generated in a specific section, while escaping, drastically reduce the movement of the employees and deal Red type damage over time. SP of the employees in the section will gain healing over time."
Escape Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (2). This includes its defenses when breaching:
Red: Vulnerable (1.5) - White: Endured (0.5) - Black: Normal (1.0) - Pale: Very Vulnerable (2.0)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Success Rate +3%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +5
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +5
Unlocks the Armor 'Ecstasy'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Success Rate +3%
- "Just... keep showing that book. Oh, it must be a page with a photo since I can't read the words.
If the experiment goes a bit longer, try drawing its attention, like mimicking its sounds.
I don't need to explain every detail, right?"
- "Yes, I know. It's so sad and pitiful. I also feel the same emotions, too.
But consequently, this place allowed for my survival and it will be good to continue living here regardless of the form I take. If you think the same,
it will be better for all of us for you to drop that guilt you're feeling right now.
Tell the baby it will get its favorite flavored candy, grape."
- "<Some excerpts from encyclopedia>Contrary to popular belief, most sharks are small in size. Very few species actually hurt humans... No matter what people say, the most distinctive aspect of a shark is its strong jaws and teeth. A shark's jaw can apply an intense amount of force, around 20 times that of a full grown human. Also, its vision and sense of smell are super advanced, capable of locating its prey easily. This is how sharks survive as the ocean's greatest predators."
- "The parents long deserted the child.
They were told that the child wouldn't survive more than 2 years because of the infection. The researchers were the child's mother and father. The child learned how to speak and managed to walk. Although unable to talk, the child preferred the ocean. Instead visiting the ocean, the child was given candy which allowed the child to see the ocean.
Many nights and days passed."
- "The child, who was thought to die within 2 years managed to live for a very long time. The child continued to listen and obey, loved sweet candy, and loved this place as home. Unfortunately, the child could only run around inside a cramped lab instead of having the freedom of a grass field under the sun. The baby's only concern was what kind of candy to eat tomorrow."
Flavour Text Edit
- "<Name> dreamed with leaving the company happily."
- "Like everyone, <name> wished he/she could have lived there forever."
- The Dreaming Current was a planned Abnormality for a long time, considering that its art concept was presented before days of Bloodbath inclusion (Both shared the same picture).
- The Dreaming Current is one of the few Abnormalities which doesn't decrease its Qliphoth counter by the results of works and by far, the one with the most high speed.