"Don't look away, just keep on watching. Contain it inside your sight."
- The Burrowing Heaven's Entry
The Burrowing Heaven (O-04-72) is an Abnormality similar in form to a tree, having a stalk coming from the floor and two limbs or wings-like extremities, branching into minor parts. Its main body is of red color and in the junction where the 3 main parts meet, has a yellow eye of red iris, as well on other parts of its body.
Its ability triggers when its Qliphoth counter reaches 0. Its Qliphoth counter is reduced by 1 constantly when the camera doesn't has it on screen while working with it. This only includes the Abnormality, not the containment. Beside of reducing the Qliphoth counter, it will make the work produce NE Boxes, dealing damage to the employee. Its Qliphoth counter can be increased by 1 when getting a Normal or Good result.
When the Qliphoth counter is depleted, The Burrowing Heaven will breach with its wings extended. The Abnormality doesn't attack when is on camera and only moves when some seconds pass out of camera. If it isn't camera, it will teleport to a random room with employees in them (Priority to Agents) and if the room that it left had employees, it will inflict an immense amount of Black Damage to all the employees in there, and if killing them, leaving their 'fruits' after screams, similar entities of itself which hold different parts of the dead employee on its branches. These entities aren't dangerous. It usually teleport in middle of the main rooms and near the sides of the other rooms, like hallways.
It will remain breaching until suppressed or the day ends.
Its origin is currently unknown.
The Burrowing Heaven responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Attachment, Repression, Insight and Instinct.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
The Burrowing Heaven's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-12 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 13-20 will cause it to feel normal, and 21-24 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 3.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (WAW), portrait, Damage Type (Black 4 - 5), the amount of E-Boxes (24), emotional states and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 7 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4 (Cost: 8 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "Work on The Burrowing Heaven must be done while the Manager is overseeing the Containment Unit."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the Containment Unit is out of the surveillance camera's sight, The Burrowing Heaven's Qliphoth counter will be reduced. When The Burrowing Heaven's Containment Unit is not monitored even after the phenomenon, the Qliphoth counter will continue to decrease."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "When the work result is Medium or better, The Burrowing Heaven's Qliphoth counter will increase. It seems that a maximum of 3 levels could be increased, based on the work results."
- "Managerial Works 4"
- "<Warning>Do not stop looking at the Abnormality while suppression is in progress."
Escape Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (3). This includes its defenses when breaching:
Red: Immuned (0.0) - White: Vulnerable (1.2) - Black: Endured (0.5) - Pale: Vulnerable (1.5)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Success Rate +3%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +3
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +3%
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Speed Rate +3
Unlocks the Weapon 'Heaven'.
- "An Abnormality full of thorns that extends its wings using other people's sight as fuel."
- "Don't look away, just keep on watching.
It lives inside your eyes. The Containment Unit means nothing.
Contain it inside your sight.
Blinking is okay, it will tolerate for a brief moment.
But, when it thinks you have lost attention and concentration,
it will spread its wings.
Wings, yes, wings.
Like paying tribute to a long forgotten god, its bloody wings will extend acting like they will cover the entire corridor.
There are also fruits that are on its wing, which are made from recently deceased bodies.
If it still doesn't attract your attention, the stalks will head towards a sunny location, impaling the company in the process.
Like an angel, its wings will extend toward the skies and black out the sun, but there's still hope. When you finally decide to move your eyes and bring it to your consciousness,
it will return back to this deep and dark subterranean area,
if you're still alive, that is."
- "That's what gazing is. Attention. A string of invisible links. Full concentration.
Don't come here, there's no place for you to rest.
But you see, I could finally bear fruit only when I'm sindei your sight.
Is this what you wanted?
When your tears dry up, tell me your answer."
Flavour Text Edit
- "The Burrowing Heaven lives inside the target's eyes."
- "The Burrowing Heaven grows thorns headed towards the heaven inside employee <name>'s vision."
- This Abnormality and Schadenfreude are the first Abnormalities to use the screen as a condition for their abilities in this version.
- This is also true for their E.G.O. equipment, which need the camera unfocused to give a buff to the weapon.