"When the day a ripe apple fell off the tree in the garden where the princess and the king stood, the witch's heart burned with hatred."
- Snow White's Apple
Snow White's Apple (F-04-42) is a humanoid Abnormality with an apple for a head. She is incredibly tall, with a neck and arms that appear to be made of thorned flower stalks. She wears a long red dress with white puffed sleeves, a white waist apron, and what appears to be a large dress collar of wilted leaves. Her head has hollow eye sockets and nasal apertures that were said to have been eaten by worms and birds.
Her special ability will trigger once her Qliphoth counter reaches 0. It can potentially be decreased if the mood result after work is Normal and will decrease if the result is Bad.
Once the condition is met, she will disappear from her room and appear in a random hallway or small room of the current department and sprout vines from the floor. Employees will have reduced movement speed and Snow White's Apple will attack them with sharp vines, dealing strong physical damage as long as she is in the same room and they are on the vines. Once the room's floor is covered by vines, Snow White's Apple will disappear from it and appear in another area of the department, repeating the same actions until she is subdued. The vines will be removed by the next day.
Snow White's Apple is the apple from "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves". Created by the witch's rage and curse, it was thrown away after a single bite from Snow White, the apple had poisoned her. The apple became lonely, and developed a deep hatred for her. It waited and waited to rot, but never decomposed. As time passed, birds and worms took bites out of it, leaving holes in the apple. All died soon afterwards due to its poison, and their corpses began piling around it. The apple constantly thought about its own existence. After a long time, a dried, dead stem sprouted. Lifeless leaves grew around it, and continued to grow each day. One afternoon, the apple was finally able to move. It thought about Snow White who was sleeping for a long time, and the prince who came to wake her up. The princess which was no longer an apple began to search for her prince.
In the last observation (See Legacy Version), Snow White's Apple realizes that her 'prince' doesn't exist. She simultaneously realizes that she will never stop existing, and that there is no point in waiting around for nothing.
How Snow White's Apple arrived in the facility or where she was found is still unknown.
Snow White's Apple responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Repression, Insight, Instinct and Attachment.
Like all Abnormalities, her energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Snow White's Apple's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause her to feel distressed, completing 9-14 will cause her to feel normal, and 5-22 will make her mood result happy. Her usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Her Qliphoth counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (WAW), portrait, Damage Type (Black 2 - 4), the amount of E-Boxes (22), emotional states and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4 (Cost: 10 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When the work result was normal, Snow White's Apple's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the work result was bad, Snow White's Apple's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- After the escape, Snow White's Apple moved to an aisle inside of a department and sprouted roots and vines. Snow White's Apple's vines hindered employees' walk, causing them to be slower than usual. Snow White's Apple attacked employee Paul when he/she walked on a vine directly connected to itself.
- "Managerial Works 4"
- "When an aisle was completely covered with vines, Snow White's Apple moved to another aisle and started sprouting vines again. Snow White's Apple was subdued and transported back to quarter. However, its vines did not die until the next day."
Escape Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (1). This includes her defenses when breaching:
Red: Endured (0.5) - White: Normal (1.0) - Black: Immuned (0.0) - Pale: Vulnerable (1.5)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Speed Rate +4
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the MP by 6 points and damage dealt by the employee will increase by 5 as long the equipped weapon is of the same Abnormality (Snow White's Apple). Has the appearance of a simple red rose with withered leaves and has a 2% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +4
Unlocks the Armor 'Green Stem'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Green Stem'.
- "......with the prince's kiss, thee apple that was blocking Snow White's throat came out of her mouth. Elves shouted with delight. Snow White and the prince walked on the flowery road to their kingdom and they lived happily ever after."
- "However, there was an apple, molded with the witch's rage and curse. It was also part of the witch herself. Thrown on the ground after Snow White's single bite, the apple was not happy. The apple waited to be rotten, to go back to the mother nature, feeling nothing but hatred against Snow White and loneliness."
- "Was it because of the enchantment? Or had its rage overcome the law of nature? Time had far passed the point where the apple's seeds are supposed to sprout. However, the apple did not rot a bit. Some parts of it completely crushed by someone's foot, the others were full of holes made by worms and birds."
- "Dead worms and birds piled up around the apple. Among the rotting corpses, the apple constantly thought about its existence. One day, the stem has sprouted out of it. All dried up, the stem and the leaves seemed lifeless, but it continued to grow on."
- "Some afternoon, the apple finally moved. It thought about Snow White and the prince. Snow White, just like the apple, was lying for a long time and the prince came, woke her up. The princess who was no longer an apple, set out to find her prince. - Excerpt from 'Fairy tales no-one knew, and could not' (Authorless)"
Flavour Text Edit
- "The witch gave up on everything and casted the strongest spell on the apple."
- "The day when an apple fell in the garden of the princess and the king, the witch's heart collapsed."
- "Quiet rustle of leaves is heard in Snow White's Apple's containment room.
- "If you look closely, you will realize these vines are already dead."
- "Snow White's Apple was alone for a long time. Dead worms and birds were the only things that kept its company."
- "Snow White's Apple was cursed by the witch. The fairy tale ended with the princess who passed out because of Snow White's Apple being blessed by everyone."
- "Vines are entangling vicinity of Snow White's Apple's containment room."
- "Stems are lifeless, it would crush with a single tip of a finger. Such creeping view can be hardly called as a plant."
- "Snow White's Apple's empty eye sockets are were worms and birds bit on. Snow White's Apple consumed the dead bodies around it."
- "Snow White's Apple grew while feeling dreadful jealousy, rage against itself, and loneliness."
- "'Mirror, mirror. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world?' The witch asked in the room where no-one visits anymore."
- "Of course, the mirror did not answer. However, the witch got her answer."
- "Vines are entangling the vicinity of Snow White's Apple's containment room."
- "Vines and leaves are lifeless. However, they keep on growing."
- Snow White's Apple is a reference to the German fairy tale Snow White written by the Brothers Grimm.
- Snow White's Apple will almost always face to the right side of the screen, even when escaping.
- Snow White's Apple made an appearance in the teaser trailer. In one scene, she was in a falling elevator attempting an escape, with 3 employees in the elevator with her, one of which was stuck in her eye.
- However, Snow White's Apple will never enter an elevator when escaping in-game.