"Good day today! Are you still shy?"
- Shy Look Today's Entry
Shy Look Today (O-01-92) is an Abnormality taking the form of a humanoid person of brown clothing or robes and skinless legs, with blood marks on them. The person stands behind a mounted 'net' of skin, with two poles at the side supporting it. The cover of skin is wide, with blood around the borders and 5 faces of different expressions, from happiness to anger, at the front, with the person standing behind it changing position to take the spot behind the faces.
Its ability consist in changing its position behind the faces, which lead to different effects depending of which face it is on. It will keep changing faces in different intervals to another random one. Usually, when it start to shake means that is about to change to another face. It will stop changing faces once an employee is working with it.
It possess 5 faces that will affect the work in a different way when it is behind one of them. The faces, from left to right, are:
- 'Smiling' face: The Work Success is increased greatly, damage dealt is halved (x0.5) and after getting a PE-Box, the employee will recover HP and MP.
- 'Happy' face: The Work Success is increased and after getting a PE-Box, the employee will recover MP.
- 'Neutral' face: No effects.
- 'Sad' face: The Work Success is decreased and damage dealt by the Abnormality is multiply by 1.5
- 'Angry' face: The Work Success is decreased greatly and damage dealt by the Abnormality is duplicated (x2).
It could be possible that the person behind the cover of skin, according to their entries, used to be a sad, shy person in a city or coming into a city, but the society forced them to be happy and telling them that they are 'shy' and not 'good' to express their feelings, and not doing so, it will make everyone else sad. After that, the person, feeling the oppression on them by society, put their skin to dry, smiling to make everyone happy and when the people asked them why they did that, they responded with "I'm shy..."
How they arrived into the facility is unknown, but probably was extracted from the city that they are mentioned to be in. Is also unknown if the person is a man or woman due to the entries using both pronouns.
Shy Look Today responds to the four works equally, with the success being 'Common.' This is influenced by the current face being behind at the moment.
Like all Abnormalities, their energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Shy Look Today's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 7-9 will cause it to feel normal, and 10-12 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (TETH), portrait, Damage Type (Black 2 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (12) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4/5/6 (Cost: 2 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "This Abnormality changes its facial expression every hour. However, when it faces someone, it stops changing its face."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "From a smiling face to an angry face, it has a five-levels of facial expressions called facial expressions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "Face 3 has no specific features. Under Face 2, the success rate of the task is increased an SP is recovered slightly every time the task succeeds."
- "Managerial Works 4"
- "Face 4 increases the damage of the employee by 1.5 times. It also decreases the success rate of the task."
- "Managerial Works 5"
- "Face 5 increases the damage of the employee 2 times during work and decreases the success rate of the task drastically."
- "Managerial Works 6"
- "Under Face 1, damage the employee receives during work is decreased by 0.5 times and the success rate of the task is increased. Also, whenever the task was successful, HP and SP are recovered."
Defense (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Speed Rate +5
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +5%
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +5
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Success Rate +5%
Unlocks the Armor 'Today's Expression'.
- "Good day today! Are you still shy?"
- "One sunny day, where the laundry was carefully drying in the yard, sadness suddenly came upon the city.
"In our city, we have to sacrifice a lot in companies. Worship for their demise. There is no reason you should cry. Rather, we should rejoice."
"What's that look on your face? This city does not encourage that kind of face."
- "Why so sad? You will make others sad as well. Please be understand that you are not the only one living here."
"You are not good at expressing your feelings, you must be shy."
"You should look pleased, so you can be the envy of all who are living in the suburban area."
- "Put a bigger smile on your face, come on! It's not that hard."
"Express yourself more clearly. Expressing yourself is very important in this society."
On another sunny day, he dried his own skin delicately, just like he once dried his own laundry."
- "She smiled broadly to make everyone satisfied. Some people asked why he did that. She responded, "I'm shy..."
- "Don't try to see its real face behind its skin. It will just make everything worse. That's its only personal space that it has left. Let's leave it is the last resort in this city."
Flavour Text Edit
- "There is no sunlight in the Containment Unit, but Shy Look Today is drying its own skin delicately."
- "The city encouraged Shy Look Today to continue laughing and was unable to reveal himself in shyness."
- This is the first Abnormality to be able to change to different states while not being working on and neither by interaction of the employees, including different effects while in certain states.