"I am coming to you. You, who will be reduced to ashes like me."
- Scorched Girl
The Scorched Girl (F-01-02) is an Abnormality with the form of a charred figure resembling a young girl. She has white eyes, a white open mouth, two thin legs, scorched ponytails, and the burnt tip of a lit match penetrating her torso.
Her special ability will trigger when her Qliphoth counter reach 0. Her counter might decrease by 1 by getting a Normal mental result or guaranteed to be decreased by 1 by getting a Bad mental result. Once it's ability activates, she will breach her containment room and start wandering towards the main department room. Once she reaches the main department room, she will explode, dealing a large amount of Red damage to all employees in the room. Afterwards, she will reappear in her containment room and the Qliphoth counter will be reset.
Scorched Girl is essentially a girl who sold matches. She had a somewhat miserable life, but in the lit matches, she saw visions of a better one in the warmth provided by them. It is most likely that in her obsession with her longing for a better life, she accidentally started a fire and was burned to death. The Abnormality in itself is her soul, and it lives on with a match infused with it as a representation of her longing to be a part of the better life she saw.
Scorched Girl responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Insight, Repression, Instinct, and Attachment.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Scorched Girl's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-4 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 5-7 will cause it to feel normal, and 8-12 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (TETH), portrait, Damage Type (Red 2 - 4), the amount of E-Boxes (12) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4 (Cost: 3 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When the work result was normal, Scorched girl's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the work result was bad, Scorched girl's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "After escaping, Scorched girl wandered around the corridor and exploded after reaching the main department. Many employees there at the time got burned from the explosion."
- "Managerial Works 4"
- "It seems that escaped Scorched girl explodes after some time which inflict burns on nearby employees."
Escape Information (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth counter (2). This includes her defenses when breaching:
Red: Endured (0.5) - White: Very Vulnerable (2.0) - Black: Normal (1.0) - Pale: Very Vulnerable (2.0)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Success Rate +5%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +5
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the HP by 4 points. Has the appearance of a match stick and has a 5% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Additionally, unlocks the Armor '4th Match Flame'.
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +5%
Unlocks the Weapon '4th Match Flame'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Speed Rate +5
- "Figure is that of blackened char. Upon closer look, human-like shape was observed."
- "For whatever reason, a matchstick is penetrating its torso area. Unlike the generally lit matchstick, the char surrounding it does not show any signs of activity. Because of this, a few employees suggest that the char is a sort of casing for the matchstick. Recently, there was a witness stating that the char has been seen in a crying motion."
- "An explosion occurs when the mood rating number increases. Predictions on explosion cycle can be made according to the size of the match flame."
- "Excerpt from Abnormality specialist,
<Redacted>'s research material
"Child's charred body represents its broken hopes and the fire that still burns represents its obsessive hunger for affection. Continued inner conflict of the two is obvious. Therefore, rash attempts to engage in 'talking' activities are not recommended."
- "it. With all that money we throw at you, "We should not talk to it" is all you have to say?"
- "Employees' Tale
"She is like a ticking time bomb. It is really difficult to read her mood. We need to keep the work going, knowing that she might explode at any moment. She isn't going to get better, but at least try not to upset her more."
- "<Employee M-3923 Interview Log>
"I never thought that the Abnormalities could ever escape. I have nothing to say if it was due to our complacency, but that thing looked as if all it could do is burn the matches stuck in their body. It's true that we reacted a little late. (Omitted) Most of the Abnormalities trying to escape would attack the employees in front of them. But it didn't show any aggression to the employees near them. Instead, they headed towards Sephira, the most populated place. If we were late just a little, half of the people in here would have been exploded in half.""
Flavour Text Edit
- "Mood rating of Scorched girl who should be happy is almost completed. With caution, completion is expected."
- "Observation record of Scorched girl is not deleted and we can't be sure what is going to happen."
- "The girl hides in a corner, reading <name>'s face."
- "The girl is talking to herself in the corner, standing still."
- "<Name> closely observes length of the match."
- "Burnt match falls in drops of ashes around the girl."
- "The girl withdraws to back of the wall as she was checking <name>'s reaction."
- "Unlike the burning light of the match, the girl is standing still in the room without change."
- "There is no one inside of the flame, nothing."
- "If it is almost burn out, it is a risky omen in many ways. <Name> is nervously watching the girl."
- "Employee <name> has finished <work> on Scorched girl. Flames lightly flare up and then precariously waver."
- Scorched Girl is a reference to a short story named 'The Little Match Girl', about a poor girl trying to sell matches in a cold New Year's Eve. She took shelter in an alley to avoid her father beating her for not selling any matches. She lit the matches to warm herself, but she saw lovely visions in the fire, like a Christmas tree and her grandmother, the only person who treated her nicely. The girl kept burning matches to keep the visions alive, until there were no more matches left. She then froze to death happily.
- This reference is pointed out in the fourth Encyclopedia entry.
- Scorched Girl's match is always burning, and the fire on it will never go out.