"If you feel a sharp pain in the stomach or tickling sensation in the neck, the only available action will be to look up at the blue sky one last time."
- Queen Bee
Queen Bee (T-04-50), previously named QueenBee, is a large, heavily mutated bumblebee. Her body is yellow with black stripes, and is segmented into tiers of red and black dismembered flesh. She has one large blue iris, a pair of bent antennae, and a pair of torn bee wings. Her head itself is severely mutilated, with each 'slice' being rimmed with small pointed teeth to resemble mouths.
Her special ability might trigger after a Normal mental result and is guaranteed when getting a Bad mental result. Queen Bee will spread yellow spores across the department, infecting random employees, Clerks and Agents; inflicting constant Red Damage. If the employee infected with spores dies under the effect of the spores, a Worker Bee will born from the deceased employee. Worker Bees roam the facility and attack nearby employees, and if they kill the employee, another Worker Bee will born from the dead employee.
Most of her origin is unknown but she was probably made artificially during an experiment with pheromones of bees. This is mentioned in her Last Observation Dialogue of the Legacy version.
Queen Bee responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Insight, Instinct, Attachment, and Repression.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Queen Bee's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-9 E Boxes will cause her to feel distressed, completing 10-16 will cause her to feel normal, and 17-22 will make her to be happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (WAW), portrait, Damage Type (Red 4 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (22), emotional state and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4/5 (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When the work result was normal, Queen Bee's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the work result was bad, Queen Bee's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "When the Qliphoth counter reaches zero, Queen Bee emitted red spores all over the department."
- "Managerial Works 4"
- "Upon observing the abnormality, it has been confirmed that if the spore is attached to employee for a certain amount of time, it deals Red damage to its victim. When <name>'s HP bar has been depleted, a giant drone burst out of <name>'s body"
- "Managerial Works 5"
- "Drones attacked the employees nearby. From the corpse of the employees attacked by drones, more drones emerged"
Escape Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (1). The defenses displayed are of the Worker Bees' stats, since Queen Bee is classified as "Non Escaped Object":
Red: Vulnerable (1.2) - White: Vulnerable (1.5) - Black: Endured (0.8) - Pale: Very Vulnerable (2.0)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Success Rate +3%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +5
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Unlocks the Armor 'Hornet'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Speed Rate +2
Unlocks the Weapon 'Hornet'.
Worker Bees / Drones Edit
The Worker Bees, also called Drones, are Queen Bee's minions. They are large wasp-like creatures with long legs, small heads and abdomens, and a large thorax. Worker Bees have no eyes or antennae, but have thick 'mandibles' that resemble a lamprey's mouth. At the end of their thorax, the bees have what looks to be an umbilical cord in place of a stinger.
The worker bees will only spawn if Queen Bee trigger her ability and an employee dies due to the spores. The purpose of the Worker Bees is to deliver food to the queen, and will do so by murdering any employee they can find. In addition, each employee killed at the hands of one will spawn another Worker Bee themselves. Though difficult in swarms, they can be suppressed. Unlike most breaching Abnormalities, Worker Bees will not lock the option to end the day when roaming through the facility and the 'Quick Defense' information unlocks the defenses of the Worker Bees and not of Queen Bee, since she can't breach.
- "This Abnormality assumes the form of a monstrous hybrid of a queen bee and bee hive. The exposed cross sections reveal dark red particles that look like meat. The so-called face is severely distorted. There are wings, but it does not function as a wing. One of the eyes is relatively intact, and its pupil moves as if to alert of the incoming intruders. The Abnormality's position does not change, so it assumed it does not move."
- "When certain requirements are fulfilled, it spreads spores around it. It will generate billions of spores in a 20 meter radius. The existence of lifeforms in the vicinity seems to be one of the key requirements."
- "No immediate change was found from the employee who inhaled the spore, and several tests failed to detect any notable symptoms."
- "Afterwards, the employee who inhaled the spore suffered severe pain in the occipital lobe and abdomen. Some time after, the employee's head detached from the body, and a drone Abnormality came out of it."
- "It was confirmed that individual eggs exist in the spore, and it hatches inside an organism. Based on the findings from the autopsy of an employee killed by the Abnormality, we believe that the larva prays on anything from blood, organs or fat, and moves freely around in the body. When it becomes too large to move, it creates a cocoon near the intestines. The host feels extreme hunger at this stage, eating much more than usual. The cocoon moves upward as it grows, finally damaging the artery and cricothyroid with its jaws and sewers its hosts' head from the body. It will come out the body, expanding the severed part of the host."
- "Counseling Log_
- "All then I heard the sound of something tearing, like the noise you might hear when shredding paper, and his head just popped off. It fell on the ground with damp plop."
- "Then something came out of his neck. Like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon, wings, a yellow body, teeth, and something I never want to see again, a monster..."
- "(Omitted) It had no eyes, but it seemed to be aware of me. But it didn't want to attack me. It picked up the head and started for the containment unit like a drone carrying honey..."
- "Sometimes I still hear the sound of its jaws moving, its wings fluttering"
Thought to be a member of the same species as the Queen Bee, its form is very different from the queen except for its color. It has eight legs and is capable of flight, but can only fly approximately 1 meter above the ground. The head, thorax, and abdomen can be easily distinguished. Unlike the queen, it doesn't have eyes or antennas. Something resembling intestines drags behind at the end of its tail.
They only show two behaviors. They either provide nutrients to the queen or focus on increasing their numbers. When encountering an employee, it attacks the head with its jaws, smashing it and inserting a larva into victim."
Flavour Text Edit
- "Working bees spend their lifetime to deliver food to the queen."
- "Damaged beehive is unacceptable to bees."
- "Number one priority to a bee is the safety of its hive."
- "If <name> itches around the neck or feels pain in the stomach, the only thing <they> can do is seeing the blue sky that <they> will never see again."
- "Queen Bee will build up by her working bees' effort. That's how they build the queendom."
- "Irreversible incident might happen if someone accidentally damages Queen Bee."
- "<Name> tries best not to inhale the air inside of the containment chamber."
- "Queen Bee wants more, more, and more working bees to prosper her queendom."
- The 'birth' of a Worker Bee is similar to the Chestburster scene from Alien, although from the head rather than the chest.
- Worker Bees, when clicked on, do not have a picture of them or Queen Bee.
- Its first letter in the subject number classify it as 'Trauma'. This Abnormality may represent the fear of insects or bees.