"If someone itches around the neck or feels pain in the stomach, the only thing he can do is seeing the blue sky that he will never see again."
QueenBee (T-04-50) is a large, heavily mutated bumblebee. Her body is yellow with black stripes, and is segmented into tiers of red and black dismembered flesh. She has one large blue iris, a pair of bent antennae, and a pair of torn bee wings. Her head itself is severely mutilated, with each 'slice' being rimmed with small pointed teeth to resemble mouths.
Her special ability might trigger after a Normal mental result and is guaranteed when getting a Bad mental result. QueenBee will spread yellow spores across the department, infecting random employees, Clerks and Agents; inflicting constant Red Damage. If the employee infected with spores dies under the effect of the spores, a Worker Bee will born from the deceased employee. Worker Bees roam the facility and attack nearby employees, and if they kill the employee, another Worker Bee will born from the dead employee.
Most of her origin is unknown but she was probably made artificially during an experiment with pheromones of bees. This is mentioned in her Last Observation Dialogue of the Legacy version.
QueenBee responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Insight, Instinct, Attachment, and Repression.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
QueenBee's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-9 E Boxes will cause her to feel distressed, completing 10-16 will cause her to feel normal, and 17-22 will make her to be happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Max Work Count is 3 works and its Qliphoth counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (WAW), portrait, Damage Type (Red 4 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (22), emotional state and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
List of Managerial Works 1/2/3/4/5 (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
- "List of Managerial Works 1"
- "When the work result was normal, QueenBee's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a normal probability."
- "List of Managerial Works 2"
- "When the work result was bad, QueenBee's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
- "List of Managerial Works 3"
- "When QueenBee's counter reaches zero, QueenBee spewed the yellow spores throughout the department."
- "List of Managerial Works 4"
- "Observations showed that spores were stuck to employees for a period, and employees with spores were consistently dealing Red type damage."
- "List of Managerial Works 5"
- "When the <name> employee with the spore was dead, a large worker bee sprang up through the <name> employee's body. The worker bee attacked the employees around him randomly. Another worker bee was born in the bodies of the workers who were killed by worker bees."
Defense (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. The defenses displayed are of the Worker Bees' stats, since QueenBee is classified as "Non Escaped Object":
Red: Vulnerable (1.2) - White: Vulnerable (1.5) - Black: Endured (0.8) - Pale: Very Vulnerable (2.0)
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
|"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Common"||"Common"||"Common"|
|"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Common"||"Common"||"High"|
|"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Common"||"Common"||"Common"|
|"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"|
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Working Success Rate +3%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Work Speed Rate +5
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Working Success Rate +4%
Unlocks the Armor 'Hornet'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Work Speed Rate +2
Unlocks the Weapon 'Hornet'.
Worker Bees Edit
The Worker Bees are QueenBee's minions. They are large wasp-like creatures with long legs, small heads and abdomens, and a large thorax. Worker Bees have no eyes or antennae, but have thick 'mandibles' that resemble a lamprey's mouth. At the end of their thorax, the bees have what looks to be an umbilical cord in place of a stinger.
The worker bees will only spawn if QueenBee trigger her ability and an employee dies due to the spores. The purpose of the Worker Bees is to deliver food to the queen, and will do so by murdering any employee they can find. In addition, each employee killed at the hands of one will spawn another Worker Bee themselves. Though difficult in swarms, they can be suppressed. Unlike most breaching Abnormalities, Worker Bees will not lock the option to end the day when roaming through the facility and the 'Quick Defense' information unlocks the defenses of the Worker Bees and not of QueenBee, since she can't breach.
- "It takes the shape of a huge beehive merged with a bee. The cross section has black and red color like raw meat and particles are big enough to be visible with naked eyes. It has wings but they don't seem to be function. In its twisted and distorted face, the only intact eye moves as if watches intruders. Also, this abnormality seems to lack a capability of traveling."
- "In right condition, it starts spreading spores. Hundreds of billions of spores erupt around 20m radius. It is assumed that a presence of life form in its vicinity is one of the requirements."
- "No immediate symptom is observed from the employee inhaled the spore. Also, we could not detect any kind of unusual sign after running few tests on the employee."
- "However, after a while, the employee started complaining of a severe pain of the head and stomach. After a certain amount of time, the employee's head severed from its body. From the body, the abnormality working bee (0-00---000---0-2) crawled out."
- "We confirmed that the spores contain the abnormality's eggs and they hatch inside of an organism's body. After the autopsy of the ceased employee, we found that the larva devoured everything. From blood to fat. Even the organs. When it grows big enough to the point it can no longer move inside the body, it forms a cocoon in vicinity of an organ. When this happens, the host suffers from extreme malnutrition and hunger, resulting in more ingest of food than usual. As it grows to imago, it moves up and damages arteries and cricothyroid with its solid mandibles. Eventually cutting the head off from the body and crawl out, forcefully widening the throat."
- "Counseling Record_ Employee [REDACTEDREDACTED: All of a sudden, I heard something being ripped. It sounded like a paper, but much more unfamiliar. Then with a thud, his head fell to the ground. Of course with a thud, his head was not a basketball."
- "I hope that was the end of it. Something was crawling out of his throat. Like a butterfly ripping out its cocoon, it teared out of his headless body. Wings, yellow body, jaws that gnawed his body. Something that I would never want to see again. Something that I wouldn't want to accept as a living thing."
- "(Omitted) It had no eyes but perceived me somehow. But it had no reason to attack me then. ((Because it flew off with a head spewing blood out of its throat in its legs. Like a worker bee carrying honey to a beehive."
- "...I can still hear its jaws chattering and flopping wings."
- "Working Bee: Though it is assumed that it belongs to the same category of the Queen Bee. It has 8 legs and capable of hovering about 1m off the ground. The distinction between the head, thorax, and abdomen is clear. Unlike the Queen Bee, it does not have antennas or eyes. Unknown object resembling an organ is dragged by the tail. It shows only two behaviors. Delivering food to the Queen Bee, and reproducing. When encountered with an employee, it mashes his/her head with its mandibles and inserts cocoon inside the body."
Flavour Text Edit
- "Working bees spend their lifetime to deliver food to the queen."
- "Damaged beehive is unacceptable to bees."
- "Number one priority to a bee is the safety of its hive."
- "If <name> itches around the neck or feels pain in the stomach, the only thing <they> can do is seeing the blue sky that <they> will never see again."
- "QueenBee will build up by her working bees' effort. That's how they build the queendom."
- "Irreversible incident might happen if someone accidentally damages QueenBee."
- "<Name> tries best not to inhale the air inside of the containment chamber."
- "QueenBee wants more, more, and more working bees to prosper her queendom."
- The 'birth' of a Worker Bee is similar to the Chestburster scene from Alien, although from the head rather than the chest.
- Despite the encyclopedia describing her spores as red, QueenBee's ability has been animated with yellow spores.
- Worker Bees, when clicked on, do not have a picture of them or QueenBee, and instead have another Abnormality portrait picture is shown instead. This likely a bug.
- Its first letter in the subject number classify it as 'Trauma'. This Abnormality may represent the fear of insects or bees.