"She was so talkative before. In the end, loneliness was the only listener."
- Old Lady
"That awful story again?"
- An assigned to interact with Old Lady
The Old Lady (O-01-12-T) is a white-skinned, black-eyed elderly woman in a rocking chair. She wears a long, faded blue skirt, a faded purple blouse, and a white bonnet.
Old Lady's ability is set in two parts, the first part dealing with her Qliphoth counter decreasing, and the second part with once her counter reaches 0.
Each time a work with an abnormality is completed in the department that isn't Old Lady, her counter will go down by 1; However, her counter will not go down from other works IF:
- She is being worked on when another abnormality's work finishes.
- She is on the cooldown timer that comes right after her work is completed.
Once Old Lady's Qliphoth counter reaches 0, her containment room will be filled with "solitude." This solitude will attach to any employee that enters the room, immediately forcing them out of the room, and clearing the room of the effect.
Removing solitude from the room counts as a work on Old Lady, and a timer of 10 seconds in bad mood will be in effect.
The employee that the solitude is attached to will experience mental damage for a minor to moderate amount of in game time. The employee will be unable to move from the door/location that they exited Old Lady's containment room with, and will be unable to perform works until the solitude disappears.
A successful work can increase her Qliphoth counter by 1.
The details of her origin are currently unknown.
Old Lady responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Attachment, Instinct and Insight, and Repression.
Like all Abnormalites, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Old Lady's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-5 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 6-10 will cause it to feel normal, and 10-14 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 4.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (TETH), portrait, Damage Type (White 1 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (14), emotional state and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4 (Cost: 3 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "After completing the work of a Abnormality other than Old lady, Old lady's Qliphoth counter has decreased."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When Old lady's counter reaches zero, black shapes were formed inside the containment room. Under the condition that Old lady's Qliphoth counter decreases, we decided to call it 'solitude'."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "When solitude was piled up, solitude stuck to the employee who entered the containment room."
- "Managerial Works 4"
- "Employee Justin is exposed to a continuous White damage until the solitude was chipped off. Until it disappeared, the employee could not do any work.
Escape Information (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +6
Unlocks the Armor 'Loneliness'.
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Loneliness'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Speed Rate +6
- "It takes the shape of an old and feeble elderly person. When anyone enters the same room as this creature, the Abnormality would talk to that person."
- "It differs from time to time but it always starts with, "Child, child. Do you want to hear an old story?" It starts with either a song like a lullaby, an unspecified poem, a common children story, or something entirely new."
- "It knows every children's story and does not stop telling stories until the subject leaves."
- "Excerpt from Interview Log: Employee F5049: "I think she may be the loneliest creature of all the Abnormalities. The creature is filled with loneliness. She is telling those tales to fill the void. A story needs a listener. When someone is in her room, she will try to fill that void. Of course, listening to her is very dangerous. She knows all the stories on earth and even the ones that don't exist. Our mind wouldn't be able to cope with all that. The creature could fry our brain in a mere instant."
Flavour Text Edit
- "Are you read to listen to story of Old lady?"
- "From the room of Old lady, suffocating silence is drawing near."
- "Old stories of Old Lady is soaked with curse. Now people have to listen closely to her stories."
- "Old Lady is deaf and almost blind but recognizes the presence of <name>."
- "Unique damp atmosphere of Old lady crawls out from <name>. <Name> finishes the work and exits the room in a hurry."
- "Old lady is unfamiliar abnormality for us. Work instructions must be designated with utmost caution."
- "Her numerous stories had fascinated people. but all its left is curse in her stories."
- "All the sudden, creaking sound stops. Old lady starts to recite phrase of a poem silently."
- "Old lady can drive <name> into panic by any possibility, but we are used to her throughout long observation."
- "Her stories are poisonous. It infiltrates surrounding people into unbearable worlds."
- "<Name> exits the room after finishing work. Her leftover solitary will be filled with stories."
- "Old lady is an abnormality which can give mental damage. It is recommended to send in employee with high mental stats."
- "The silence encroaching the room is horribly broken by the creak of rocking chair."
- "Conversation is meaningless to Old lady. All she needs is an audience, <name>."
- "Rocking chair, with unnaturally molded sit, is making creaking sound."
- "Before everlasting stories starts, <name> successfully exits out of the room."
- "Old lady doesn't look at where <name> is standing. <Name> will look at her once she starts her story anyways."
- Old lady's shadow isn't exactly where it should be. The shadow is on the wall instead of on the floor.
- Old lady is deaf and blind, but still knows when someone else is in her room.
- Different quotes, like "This awful story again?", are sometimes said by employees who are sent to work with Old Lady.