"That’s not a flower, order all the employees to get away immediately."
- Meat Lantern's Entry
Meat Lantern (O-04-84) is a small white mound with two round eyes, on the ground of the containment room with a glowing flower coming off of it, the center of the flower is similar to a lightblub or the light of an angler fish.
Its ability will trigger once its Qliphoth counter reaches 0. Its Qliphoth counter can decrease by 1 when getting a Bad work result or by finishing any work before 40 seconds (Including interruptions like panic).
When the counter reaches 0, it will breach, moving into a random hallway with Containment Units, where it hides under the ground, just with the flower visible along some white hairs around the flower. When an employee walks inbetween the white hairs surrounding the flower, the Abnormality will reveal its true form, with giant jaws raising up and eating the employee, dealing an excessive amount of 500 Red Damage.
The Abnormality remains in their current location for the rest of the breach, employees will not 'detect' it breaching so they will not attempt to suppress the Abnormality once are in the same room and there wouldn't be red borders around the room where it is. It cannot be ordered suppression by selecting the containment unit when breaching and only can be suppressed by selecting the Abnormality itself breaching. Its HP bar isn't displayed when breaching.
The details of their origin are currently unknown.
Meat Lantern responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Insight, Instinct and Attachment, and Repression.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Meat Lantern's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 7-10 will cause it to feel normal, and 11-14 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 7 seconds.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (TETH), portrait, Damage Type (White 1 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (14) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3 (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When the work result was bad, Meat Lantern's Qliphoth counter has decreased."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the work time was under 40 seconds, its Qliphoth Counter is decreased."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "When the Abnormality escapes, all employees and the facility won't be able to detect the Abnormality, therefore the Manager needs to order suppression directly.
Escape Information (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape and it's stats when breaching:
Red - Vulnerable (1.5); White - Endured (0.8); Black - Normal (1.0); Pale - Very vulnerable (2.0)
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Success Rate +5%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +5
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +5%
Unlocks the Armor 'Lantern'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Speed Rate +5
- "It always stuck under the floor of the Containment Unit, only showing its eyes and mysterious luminous body above the ground."
- " Nobody knows what it actually looks like. It moves underground, not through the hallway, making it is impossible to predict its path when escaping. For the same reason, its escape won’t be detected."
- "<Voice Record>Lloyd: Are you located nearby the Information Team? I've heard some employees went missing around that area. Would you mind checking to see if there's any Abnormality with the spatial interference ability?
Paul: What? But there's no Abnormality with those abilities near here. I haven't detected any escaped Abnormality neither.
Lloyd: Listen, you have to look more carefully.
Paul: Well, Lloyd, there's no sign of any Abnormality, but I do see a small flower on the ground.
Lloyd: What are you talking about? What flower?
Paul: The bud is glowing, it’s amazing. It's strange finding something so green here, we don’t get sunlight here... It's so bright that some of the other employees came to look at the flower. You have to come and see it... The light is so bright and warm... I feel like something good is about to happen...
Lloyd: That’s not a flower, order all the employees to get away immediately. Do not run away in a group, you have to slowly escape one by one with quite steps...
Paul: What are you talking about, I thought I told you that there's nothing nearby... Wait, I think I just felt a slight trembling underneath my feet. Is someone fixing the pipes today?
Lloyd: Damn, I think we’re screwed. Just enjoy the flower.."
Flavour Text Edit
- "<Name> is going into Meat Lantern's containment unit to begin the task."
- "Meat Lantern looks at employee <name> with its luminous body, mysteriously gleaming on the ground."
- "There hasn’t been a single employee who has seen the complete form of Meat Lantern."
- "If Meat Lantern escapes successfully from the Containment Unit, our corporation may collapse."
- This is the first Abnormality that requires certain amount of time in work to be spent to trigger or not its ability.
- The Game File for its encyclopedia is titled Bunny_en.