"I will hang his head over my bed. Only then I can fall asleep without having a nightmare."Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary (F-01-57), or Little Red for short, is a humanoid Abnormality in the form of a woman of yellow eyes, wearing dark clothes, a red hood covering the upper half of her face along with a red cape on her back, and wearing a mask resembling sharp teeth, covering the lower part of her face. She has several scars on her body and when in combat, she uses a variety of weapons which are: A short black axe or scythe and a gun or pistol.
- Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary's Entry
She is one of two unique Abnormalities in game to have a counterpart or rivalry, the other counterpart Abnormality being Big and Might be Bad Wolf.
- When an Abnormality breaches, the counter is reduced by 1. (As of version 0.3.0.9, this does not include Punishing Bird).
- When an employee who finished a work on Big and Might be Wolf, performs a work with this Abnormality, the counter will be decreased by 1.
- If Big and Might be Bad Wolf howls near her containment unit while she is in there, her Qliphoth Counter will drop to 0 and breach immediately.
The player can order a Request, which replaces her Attachment work. The Request consist in bringing up a 'Wanted' sign, covering the cursor. The player can focus it on a breaching Abnormality and pay a cost in energy, increasing by 40 for each stage of the Risk Level: 80 for TETH, 120 for HE, 160 for WAW, and 200 for ALEPH. Little Red will then go to their location and suppress it.
She has good movement speed and possesses several attacks, including a double combo with her axe and a shot from her gun in a straight line, both dealing decent Red Damage. Attacks with her axe inflict bleeding, which make the target take Red Damage constantly for an amount of time. Little Red will mark the Abnormality with a symbol above it, similar to a yellow eye. She still possesses HP and can be damaged by other Abnormalities. When the target Abnormality is suppressed or when she is defeated, she will return to her containment room.
If her Qliphoth Counter is depleted, she will breach and become hostile against employees. She will mark employees, attacking and chasing them until they die, moving to another nearby target in sight: Employee or Abnormality. She will continue breaching until subdued or the day ends.
If she encounters the wolf in the same room, she will go berserk, with a red flame around her. From this point, she will only focus on the wolf until one of them is defeated. Her attack power is increased and she can perform more attacks, like throwing her axe in a straight line, dealing Red Damage against anything in its path. If she defeats the wolf, any employees the wolf has eaten will be released and given an E.G.O. Gift called Sheepskin that increases HP by 9 and decreases SP by 3.
Little Red is assumed to follow the same origins of the tale of the same name, and the twist of her story maybe occurred when facing the Big Bad Wolf at the end of the tale. Although is unknown what happened at the end, her scars probably were the outcome of such event, with the Big Bad Wolf escaping somehow and creating her reason of intense 'revenge' to kill the wolf. Afterwards, she left her previous life to become a wandering mercenary, probably at the age of 15 or higher, training and working for contracts, without any place to stay. Where she got her weapons are unknown.
Where Little Red was found and how she arrived to the facility is still unknown, but maybe one of the reasons that she wanted to get in the facility is maybe to encounter the wolf.
Like all Abnormalities, her energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Little Red's emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause her to feel Distressed, completing 9-16 will cause her to feel Normal, and 17-20 will make her mood result Happy. Her usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 3.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "Requesting Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary to suppress escaped Abnormalities or other problems is a good way to take care of things. However, making a request comes with a cost."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "When the employee <name> who has worked on F-02-58 completed the work, the Qliphoth counter is decreased."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "The Qliphoth counter decreased every time the Abnormality escaped. However, it did not respond to the escape of O-02-56."
- "Managerial Tips 4"
- "When there is a howling of F-02-58 near the containment room of Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary, the Qliphoth counter became 0."
- "Managerial Tips 5"
- "When Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary encountered F-02-58 and Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary, it turned even more hostile."
- "Managerial Tips 6"
- "When another target suppressed F-02-58 instead of Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary, Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary goes berserk and started attacking targets around it indiscriminatingly."
Observation Level Edit
Unlocks the E.G.O. Gift "Crimson Scar", which increase HP, Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 2. Has the appearance of a mask similar to Little Red, only covering her mouth, with a texture of gray sharp teeth, and has a 3% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Unlocks the Weapon and Armor 'Crimson Scar'.
- "“I am a pro. I used to be expensive, but I’ll cut you some slack here, under one condition. Hand me over that goddamn cunning bastard if you ever see him. I will hang his head over my bed. Only then I can fall asleep without having a nightmare.""
- "Female warrior with striking red hood. Her frayed, and patched hood has initials embroidered on it which are unreadable because of the damage the hood has taken. Rumor says her hood used to be white, but became red after being soaked in blood for countless times. → It turned out to be not true. Fix this, Michael!
Before coming to this facility, she was a mercenary, wandering around without residence. She does not trust others well, and has extreme fondness for battles. She is unusually uncomfortable with her part of flesh being exposed, and looking at mirror. Also, numerous symptoms of paranoid have been observed in her behaviors.
She has strong desire to resolve emergency situations if one ever breaks out. She says it’s “a contract”. Since this behavior consequently helps the management process, the company recommended putting it to use.
※ The followings contain must-read for employees in all class.
If she faces “Big and Might be bad Wolf”, she goes out of control. She will undergo extreme shift in personality, embitterment disorder, and other psychologically dangerous disorders which result in serious collateral damage. Thus, extreme caution is advised when working on Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary."
- "No victory will come in our battle. All I think about is how to kill that bastard in most gruesome way possible. Thus, I will drink no toast. I will not celebrate in any way. When I got used to grinding an axe instead of picking flowers in the garden, I was 15."
Flavour Text Edit
- "Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary is waiting for contracts as always. Waiting for smell of blood."
- "Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary spends most time of the day grinding her axe."
- "You can see small and huge scars on her skin through flapping hood when she engages in battle."
- "Everything ends when she finally faces the wolf."
- "Tell me if you ever see that furry bastard. The price for my handy work will be free when the day I cut that damned thing’s head off comes."
- "Actually, Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary is much more capable of suppressing abnormalities than employees."
- "Many employees wonder about how Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary got her scars. But not so many are brave enough to ask."
- "The fight has been continuing for a long time, and her disgust is deepening by second."
- "Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary wanted somewhere she can practice shooting. But employees strongly rejected it."
- The Abnormality is a reference to the fairy tale of the same name, Little Red Riding Hood.
- This Abnormality has been reworked along with its rival after the Legacy version, with a minor addition to her appearance and reworked animations.
- It has been confirmed by one of the developers that the Abnormality's design is based (at least partially) off of Bloodborne.