"Never forget the bird of judgment. He will come to you no matter how long it takes."
- Judgement Bird's Flavour Text
Judgement Bird (O-02-62), also know as "Long/Tall Bird", is a tall bird Abnormality with long skinny limbs and neck, with a spherical body covered with black feathers along his arms/wings. His head is covered by bandages and he has 2 small white wings of red tips on the sides of his head. His neck holds a golden balance, which tips to one side.
His ability might trigger after a normal state result or guaranteed when in a bad state. He will breach once one of the conditions are met, roam through the facility aimlessly, stopping to hold his golden balance for a moment, and after a gleam, random employees in the same room will be marked with a golden balance above them.
The employees under Judgement Bird's balance will stop all actions and stand still in their current spot. Judgement Bird will walk towards them, and when reaching a marked employee, he will raise them up with a pole, hanging them, killing them instantly. Judgement Bird cannot attack or deal damage. Additionally, Judgement Bird will decrease his own success rate at work when an Abnormality in the same department gets a bad mood result.
He used to be a sentinel of the Black Forest, where he was living with Big Bird and Punishing Bird; after hearing a prophecy, and also being a fair judge, he used his golden balance to measure the sins of the creatures to protect the forest and keep the peace. But someone said, "What if the scales don't tip to any direction?". He became worried, so he made that the balance only tip to one direction, to get the result in any circumstance. He used to have sparkling eyes which he could use to see through everything, but at one point, he gave his eyes to Big Bird to help him protect the forest. Long Bird covered his own eyes with ragged bandages, but still wanted to protect the forest, and after some time, he began to lose his glossy feathers due to the sunlight. But as time progressed, the forest where he was living started to become saturated by darkness, bad rumors, and daily fights. As a solution, the three birds merged their strengths to become a new bird to protect the forest, but it caused chaos instead, making all the creatures to leave in fear of the forest. Is unknown when they decided to separate from themselves.
At the end, he was just left with an unfair balance, which always tips to one side; probably because of the darkness and regret. He became Judgement Bird afterwards and never stopped judging.
Where Judgement Bird was found and how he arrived to the facility is unknown.
Judgement Bird responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Insight, Attachment and Instinct, and Repression.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Judgement Bird's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 7-12 will cause it to feel normal, and 13-24 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Max Work Count is 3 works.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (HE), portrait, Damage Type (Pale 2 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (24) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression How to Work List (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
How to Manage 1 (Cost: 30 PE Boxes)
- "How to Manage 1"
- "When the work of the abnormality placed in the same department as the Judgement Bird became bad the Judgement Bird's Qliphoth counter decreased."
Quick Defense (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. This include his defenses when breaching:
Red: Endured (0.8) - White: Endured (0.8) - Black: Endured (0.8) - Pale: Vulnerable (2.0)
|Work||Level 1 Percentage||Level 2 Percentage||Level 3 Percentage||Level 4 Percentage||Level 5 Percentage|
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Working Success Rate +4%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Work Speed Rate +2
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Working Success Rate +4%
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 3 points and the success rate of Repression work of the employee by 6%. Has the appearance of a pair of bandages wrapped around the head of the wearer and has a 1% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Additionally, unlocks an Armor named 'Type A-4 Justitia'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Work Speed Rate +2
Unlocks a Weapon named 'Type B-4 Justitia'.
- "A bird that were judging creatures with unfair scales."
- "The scales always tip to only one direction, but Long Bird can't see it because its eyes are covered. Perhaps, it is avoiding from looking."
- "In fact, Long Bird was once a fair and just judge. His scales could weigh any kind of sin impartially."
- "Long Bird made scales that can measure the weight of sins to protect the forest."
- "Long Bird's eyes once could see through everything. His eyes sparkled like the stars in the night sky. But Long Bird gave them to Big Bird to protect the forest. Now, only void remains in place where his eyes should be."
- "The bandages are ragged. His body was once covered in glossy feathers, but due to the long lack of exposure to sunlight, they are gone."
- "Now, all that is left to him are unfair scales. Long Bird never ceases judging."
Flavour Text Edit
- "One proverb says, "Never forget the bird of judgment. He will come to you no matter how long it takes.'"
- "Perhaps he is in your house right now."
- "We, living in the world without forgiveness, seek redemption as we dedicate our souls."
- "Long Bird was a sentinel of the forest, but overlooked something important because his will to protect the forest was too strong."
- "Only cold, dark night continued from then."
- "A human being is inherently cunning; he can't save himself. That is why Long Bird has come to us."
- "Only few can understand what themselves are. Long Bird helps you to do so."
- "Long Bird is never agitated."
- His ability allow him to hang all type of employees, even with different states, like possessed ones.
- Judgement Bird appeared in the teaser trailer, for a short scene near the end of the video, along with other unreleased Abnormalities at the time.
- Judgement Bird, Big Bird and Punishing Bird are the first Abnormalities to summon another Abnormality by an event (From the Legacy).
- Judgement Bird is one of the Abnormalities that include some story about other Abnormalities: Big Bird through his encyclopedia entries and Punishing Bird by Angela's quote (From the Legacy).