"His scales could weigh any kind of sin impartially."
- Bird of Judgement
Bird of Judgement (O-02-62), also know as "Long/Tall Bird" and previously as Judgement Bird, is a tall bird Abnormality with long skinny limbs and neck, with a spherical body covered with black feathers along his arms/wings. His head is covered by bandages and he has 2 small white wings of red tips on the sides of his head. His neck holds a golden balance, which tips to one side.
His ability will trigger after his Qliphoth counter have reached zero. The counter might decrease by 1 after a normal state result or guaranteed when in a bad state. He will breach once the ability triggers, roaming through the facility aimlessly. When an employee is in the same room as his, Bird of Judgement will stop to hold his golden balance for a moment, and after a gleam, all employees in the same room will be damaged greatly with Pale Damage.
If an employee is killed by the damage, they will be raised up by a pole, hanging them and killing them instantly. Bird of Judgement needs some time to attack again.
He used to be a sentinel of the Black Forest, where he was living with Big Bird and Punishing Bird; after hearing a prophecy, and also being a fair judge, he used his golden balance to measure the sins of the creatures to protect the forest and keep the peace. But someone said, "What if the scales don't tip to any direction?". He became worried, so he made that the balance only tip to one direction, to get the result in any circumstance. He used to have sparkling eyes which he could use to see through everything, but at one point, he gave his eyes to Big Bird to help him protect the forest. Long Bird covered his own eyes with ragged bandages, but still wanted to protect the forest, and after some time, he began to lose his glossy feathers due to the sunlight. But as time progressed, the forest where he was living started to become saturated by darkness, bad rumors, and daily fights. As a solution, the three birds merged their strengths to become a new bird to protect the forest, but it caused chaos instead, making all the creatures to leave in fear of the forest. Is unknown when they decided to separate from themselves.
At the end, he was just left with an unfair balance, which always tips to one side; probably because of the darkness and regret. He became Bird of Judgement afterwards and never stopped judging.
Where Bird of Judgement was found and how he arrived to the facility is unknown.
Bird of Judgement responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Instinct, Insight, Attachment; and Repression.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Bird of Judgement's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 7-12 will cause it to feel normal, and 13-24 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Max Work Count is 3 works and its Qliphoth counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (WAW), portrait, Damage Type (Pale 5 - 7), the amount of E-Boxes (24), emotional state and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2 (Cost: 15 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When the work result was normal, Bird of Judgement's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the work result was bad, Bird of Judgement's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
Escape Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (2). This include his defenses when breaching:
Red: Endured (0.8) - White: Endured (0.8) - Black: Endured (0.8) - Pale: Very Vulnerable (2.0)
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
|"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"|
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +2
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the Movement Speed and Attack Speed by 3 points and the success rate of Repression work of the employee by 6%. Has the appearance of a pair of bandages wrapped around the head of the wearer and has a 1% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Additionally, unlocks the Armor 'Justitia'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Speed Rate +2
Unlocks the Weapon 'Justitia'.
- "A bird that were judging creatures with unfair scales."
- "The scales always tip to only one direction, but Long Bird can't see it because its eyes are covered. Perhaps, it is avoiding from looking."
- "In fact, Long Bird was once a fair and just judge. His scales could weigh any kind of sin impartially."
- "Long Bird made scales that can measure the weight of sins to protect the forest."
- "Long Bird's eyes once could see through everything. His eyes sparkled like the stars in the night sky. But Long Bird gave them to Big Bird to protect the forest. Now, only void remains in place where his eyes should be."
- "The bandages are ragged. His body was once covered in glossy feathers, but due to the long lack of exposure to sunlight, they are gone."
- "Now, all that is left to him are unfair scales. Long Bird never ceases judging."
Flavour Text Edit
- "One proverb says, "Never forget the bird of judgment. He will come to you no matter how long it takes.'"
- "Perhaps he is in your house right now."
- "We, living in the world without forgiveness, seek redemption as we dedicate our souls."
- "Long Bird was a sentinel of the forest, but overlooked something important because his will to protect the forest was too strong."
- "Only cold, dark night continued from then."
- "A human being is inherently cunning; he can't save himself. That is why Long Bird has come to us."
- "Only few can understand what themselves are. Long Bird helps you to do so."
- "Long Bird is never agitated."
- His ability allow him to hang all type of employees, even with different states, like possessed ones.
- Bird of Judgement appeared in the teaser trailer, for a short scene near the end of the video, along with other unreleased Abnormalities at the time.
- Bird of Judgement, Big Bird and Punishing Bird are the first Abnormalities to summon another Abnormality by an event.
- Bird of Judgement is one of the Abnormalities that include some story about other Abnormalities: Big Bird through his encyclopedia entries and Punishing Bird by Angela's quote (From the Legacy).
- Bird of Judgement was changed from HE Risk Level to WAW in the version 0.1.0.0b.