"Its memory starts from warm hug."
- Happy Teddy
Happy Teddy (T-04-06) is a large, worn-out teddy bear with a chewed ear, a single white button eye, brown matted fur, a light brown muzzle, and a faded green ribbon around its neck. Its stuffing spills out from multiple tears in its fabric.
Its special ability is activated when an employee enters Happy Teddy's containment room, and it will hug the employee tightly, choking it to death. The ability is triggered only upon sending the same worker twice in a row. Triggering its ability will also consume 1 work.
Happy Teddy's story can be deciphered through its Flavour Text when performing work on it. It can be said that Happy Teddy was packaged in a big decorated box for the birthday of a girl of 7 years old. Happy Teddy enjoyed all the nights with the child, remembering the hugs that they gave to it. But as time passed, the child grew up, and Happy Teddy was abandoned in a wardrobe. It never forgot the girl.
How Happy Teddy 'came to life' is still unknown, as well where it was found and how it arrived in the facility.
Happy Teddy loves hugs, but for fear being abandoned again, it will not let the person hugging them go, squeezing them so tightly that they suffocate and/or are crushed to death.
Happy Teddy responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Attachment, Insight and Repression, and Instinct.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Happy Teddy's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-5 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 6-10 will cause it to feel normal, and 11-15 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Max Work Count is 4 works.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic (Cost: 16 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (HE), portrait, Damage Type (White 2 - 4), the amount of E-Boxes (15) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 5 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
List of Managerial Works 1/2 (Cost: 9 PE Boxes)
- "List of Managerial Works 1"
- "Employee <name> was found chocked to death in Teddy's arms after continuous work."
- "List of Managerial Works 2"
- "Employee <name> was found in Happy Teddy's arms with a broken neck. We believe that this was due to <name>'s continuous visits Happy Teddy's room. Reference document-> Old letter with ´cannot be sent´sign."
Quick Defense (Cost: 16 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
|Work||Level 1 Chance||Level 2 Chance||Level 3 Chance||Level 4 Chance||Level 5 Chance|
|"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"||"Very Low"|
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Working Success Rate +3%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Work Speed Rate +5
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the MP by 4 points and the success rate of the employee when doing Attachment work by 3%. Has the appearance of a pair of brown circular ears, with one chewed, and has a 3% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Additionally, unlocks the Armor 'Bear Paw'.
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Working Success Rate +5%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Bear Paw'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Work Speed Rate +3
- "The teddy has shaggy fur and is missing one eye."
- "Around its neck it has a ribbon with what looks like a name written on it. Maybe from a loving old owner. It is too worn out to distinguish the name. Creature's shoulders are slouched as if it knows that it has been abandoned. It seems to like hugs."
- "It has been confirmed that periodic anesthesia shows higher efficacy. They have an intense obsession towards the owner. It is yet to be confirmed what side effects are caused when the Abnormality reconizes the person as an owner."
- "Interview Log 32_356 - Employee M2434: "I was on rounds for the night shift. Happy Teddy didn't need much attention, it was usually harmless. I looked inside the containment room facility, just to check. Teddy was embracing someone. For a while, I thought it was <Redacted>. <Redacted> was in charge of the Teddy so I thought he was staying late to take care of him. Teddy likes hugs, but something was off. I decided to ask <Redacted> whether he wanted to take off or not. I went into the area and called for <Redacted> but there was no answer. I pulled the emergency switch and called for help. Apparently, <Redacted> had been dead for 8 hours. <Redacted> had been in Teddy's arm since morning, until night-time when I found him."
- "<<>Old letter with 'cannot be sent' sign<>> Do you remember Article 3 from the 'Employees Only' manual? "Never develop personal feelings towards Abnormalities." I didn't understand this at first. I mean, do you think it's possible to have those kinds of feelings towards these monsters? It's okay, they are monsters. We can call them monsters when we are alone. 'Happy Teddy' is the second Abnormality you undertook, right? After seeing Teddy, you probably thought that not all Abnormalities are hideous and scary. Perhaps it brought back some memories as it reminded you of an abandoned old doll. I think Teddy liked your hugs. Yes, Teddy would produce more energy than usual whenever you were sent in. And before we knew it, you were in charge of Teddy. You probably felt something similar to responsibility, right? As the days of you going inside Teddy's containment room grew, my worry grew as well. Because you seemed as if you were a volunteer going to an orphanage. ... I think Teddy thought of you as a new owner. You would have been happy to hear that. But you know... Teddy didn't want to be taken away from his owner again. Although you would always promise to come back, Teddy didn't understand. I heard that you miraculously survived. And that it took an hour to pull you out of Teddy. Even if everyone else forgets about you, I'll always remember you. I hope for a miracle. -From K.H."
Flavour Text Edit
- "Happy Teddy loves the hug. Its memory starts from warm hug."
- "Happy Teddy wants to hug children tightly."
- "Happy Teddy is a teddy bear that we all wanted to hug and sleep with when we were young."
- "Happy Teddy is depressingly staring at its own worn fur, lost in thought, not moving an inch."
- "Tainted ribbon around the neck of lost in thought is meaninglessly swinging. Name that used to be written on the ribbon has faded and nothing is visible."
- "Happy Teddy is staring at thin air, not moving an inch. It is actually staring at a young girl's picture, not thin air."
- "Even though it is noisy around, Happy Teddy is not turning its head."
- "Even though it is buzzy around as <name> is working, Happy Teddy is staring at the frame, not even giving a glance to elsewhere."
- "<Name> stops the work in between and cleanse of the frame that Happy Teddy is staring at."
- "Happy Teddy recalls birthday party of 7 year old. Itself is packaged in big and decorated box."
- "Happy Teddy recalls countless night with the kid. Happy Teddy is holding the kid in."
- "Happy Teddy recalls her, once kid, who have grown tall. Somewhere underneath a wardrobe, Happy Teddy is all musty."
- "Employee <name> has finished <work>, and it breaks Happy Teddy out of its loneliness for a moment."
- "<Name> ties the torn ribbon neatly during the work.
- "<Name> trimming the torn fur of Happy Teddy during the work. No response."
- "<Name> is captivated by unexplainable depression. Rest of one's life is meaningless and is just a mere worthless human being."
- Even though the in-game sprite has been drawn with a chewed right ear and a button for its left eye, Happy Teddy's encyclopedia image has been drawn with a chewed left ear and a button for its right eye instead.
- Its first letter in the subject number classify it as 'Trauma'. It's possible that this Abnormality represents the fear of abandonment or loneliness, or the fear of dolls. In case of loneliness, is similar to Old Lady.