"What happens when people die?"
- Funeral of the Dead Butterflies' Flavor Text
Funeral of the Dead Butterflies (T-01-68) is a humanoid abnormality which has a white butterfly as a head and possess 5 arms, two at each place where a single arm on a human would be and one coming out of it's neck. It wears a black suit and coat, consisting of the colors white, black, and grey scheme. It carries a black coffin with a similar picture of the butterfly that is its head, behind its back with 2 of its extra arms. that according to the flavor text has butterflies inside of it.
The ways to lower the abnormalities Qliphoth Counter are as follows:
- If an employee with Justice lower than Level 3 works on the abnormality the counter will go down by 1 when the work is done.
- An employee with Fortitude greater than Level 3 will experience the same effects as listed in number 1.
- When the work result is bad there is a high chance the Qliphoth counter of the abnormality will go down.
When the Funeral of the Dead Butterflies's Qliphoth counter reaches zero it will breach the containment room.
When Funeral of the Dead Butterflies breaches it will perform two different attacks while walking around the facility. Both attacks need an employee in the same room to target.
- It will extend the arm on it's neck out and make a gun shape with it's hand, it will then shoot some butterflies towards an employee which will deal White damage.
- It will slam the coffin it carries with it on the ground and place it in a vertical fashion in front of it. After a few seconds the coffin will open and butterflies will flood the corridor in front of it dealing consistent low White damage for some seconds. This also slow a bit the employees trapped in the swarm.
If the Abnormality deplete the Mental gauge of any of the employees by their attacks, they will die instead panic, with their corpses covered by some butterflies. Funeral of the Dead Butterflies also possess a death animation when defeated, slowly floating and entering to its coffin.
Part of its origin are currently unknown, but in its entries is mentioned that this Abnormality came to the facility to 'free' the employees, to return them to their home after they die, but due to being bounded to the company and only return when they are 'discarded', the objective was difficult to achieve and the Abnormality later on was captured by the corporation.
Funeral of the Dead Butterflies responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Repression, Insight, Instinct, and Attachment.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Funeral of the Dead Butterflies' emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 7-10 will cause it to feel normal, and 11-16 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds and its Qliphoth counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit Edit
Basic (Cost: 16 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (HE), portrait, Damage Type (White 4 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (16), emotional state and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 5 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3 (Cost 6 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "<Name>, an employee whose Justice is below level 3 completed the Funeral of the Dead Butterflies work, lowering the Qliphoth counter of Funeral of the Dead Butterflies."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "Other employees whose Fortitude exceedes level 3 experienced the same."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "When the work result was bad, Funeral of the Dead Butterflies's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
Escape Information (Cost: 16 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (2). This includes its defenses while breaching:
Red: Endured (0.5) - White: Normal (1.5) - Black: Normal (1.0) - Pale: Very Vulnerable (2.0)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Speed Rate +4
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +4
Unlocks the Armor 'Solemn Vow'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Solemn Vow'.
- "What happens when people die? What happened to those who worked here?"
- "- They must returned to their home, where family and warmness await..
But everyone knows that the employees can't leave the company unless they are... 'discarded.'
- They must have returned to their homes."
- "We are feathers of a wing. Feathers fall off when they are no longer useful.
- Then where did they go?
They are bound to the company even after they are discarded.
- A long ago, people believed that they become beautiful beings with small wings when they die. Nonsense. If we have wings, can we leave here? Do we get wings only after we are discarded?"
- "The burdened crier came here to redeem all. But now he is trapped like everyone else, lingering with dying hopes. He carries a coffin for those who have nowhere else to go. It’s too small for them though. Inside it are butterflies waiting for eternal rest. Lots of butterflies and no flowers. They just wait for the end of this world."
Flavour Text Edit
- "Being remembered is a blessing."
- "People here have no time to remember those who died."
- "<Name> gazes upon <Name> in silence."
- "<Name> dreams. A dream of false hopes and dead-ends."
- "The coffin is huge, but it is not enough to accommodate hundreds of them."
- "<Name> watches the long line of mourners."
- "Wings coming to them, strange yet familiar."
- "This place has no flowers or trees, so where are all those butterflies coming from?"
- "Unable to return to where they came from, employees have no choice but to work on."
- "Like a never-ending funeral, <Name> mourn continues."
- "<Name> thinks about their life one last time."
- "Leaving the company is nothing but a dream. It never happens in reality."
- "Death in your finest hour is an unexpected blessing."
- "In fact, most employees who died here wanted to live as long as possible."
- "Some thought death would be a new start, but there is nothing but void after death."
- The E.G.O. weapon of the Abnormality is the first weapon to include two types of damages, White, displayed for the weapon, and Black as the secondary damage type.
- The file name for Funeral of the Dead Butterflies was titled ButterflyMan.
- It possibly represents thanatophobia, the fear of death.