"What happens when people die?"
- Funeral of the Dead Butterflies' Entry
Funeral of the Dead Butterflies (T-01-68) is a humanoid abnormality which has a white butterfly for a head and possess five arms, two at each shoulder and one coming out of its neck. It wears a black suit and coat with a single white sleeve for its middle arm. It carries a black coffin with a butterfly engraved on its lid behind its back with two of its extra arms. According to the flavor text, the coffin is full of butterflies.
- When an employee with Justice lower than Level 2 works with the Abnormality, lowering the counter when the work is done.
- When an employee with Fortitude greater than Level 3 works with the Abnormality.
- A high chance to decrease when the Work Result is Bad.
When Funeral of the Dead Butterflies breaches it will perform two different attacks while walking around the facility. Both attacks need an employee or entity in the same room to target.
- It will extend the arm on its neck and make a gun shape with its hand, then shoot some butterflies towards an employee which will deal White Damage.
- It will slam the coffin it carries with it on the ground and place it in a vertical fashion in front of itself. After a few seconds the coffin will open and butterflies will flood the corridor in front of it, dealing consistent low White Damage for some seconds to any entities in the zone. This also slow a bit the employees trapped in the swarm.
If the Abnormality deplete the Mental/Sanity Gauge of an employee with their attacks, the employee will die instead of panic, with butterflies resting on their corpse. Funeral of the Dead Butterflies also possess a death animation when defeated, slowly floating down and entering its coffin.
Part of its origin is currently unknown, but in its entries it is mentioned that this Abnormality came to the facility to 'free' the employees, to return them to their home after they die. However, due to them being bound to the company and only able to return when they are 'discarded', the objective was difficult to achieve. The Abnormality was then captured by the corporation.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Funeral of the Dead Butterflies' emotional state is divided into 3 sections: Bad, Normal, and Good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel Distressed, completing 7-10 will cause it to feel Normal, and 11-16 will make its mood result Happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds and its Qliphoth Counter is 2.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
- "Managerial Tips 1"
- "<Name>, an employee whose Justice is below level 3 completed the work, lowering the Qliphoth counter."
- "Managerial Tips 2"
- "Other employees whose Fortitude exceeds level 3 experienced the same."
- "Managerial Tips 3"
- "When the work result was bad, Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
Observation Level Edit
Unlocks the Armor 'Solemn Vow'.
Unlocks the Weapon 'Solemn Vow'.
- "What happens when people die?
What happened to those who worked here?"
- "- They must returned to their home, where family and warmness await.
But everyone knows that the employees can’t leave the company unless they retire.
- Then they must have "retired" and returned to their homes, having earned what they wanted and full of hope."
- "We are feathers of the Wing. But retiring isn't as easy as it sounds. Just like how feathers do not fall out on their own free will.
- Then where did the retired employees go?
They are bound to the company the moment they enter. They cannot leave even if they retire.
-Long ago, in some world, people believed that they become beautiful beings with small wings when they die. What nonsense.
If we have wings, can we leave here? Do we get wings after we retire?"
- "The mourner with the colossal baggage on his back is said to have come here to be the savior of all.
But now he is trapped like everyone else, roaming the company with only the memory of empty faith.
The baggage he carries is a coffin. A large coffin to pay tribute to the employees who have nowhere else to go. But it is too small to comfort those innocent sacrifices.
Inside it are butterflies waiting for the time to sleep. Until then, they flutter their wings uselessly.
Butterflies are supposed to pollinate flowers, but not a single flower blooms in this place.
They have no choice but to wait. After all, there must be an end to the world."
Flavour Text Edit
- "Having someone to mourn you after you die is a blessing."
- "Those left behind have no time to remember those who died, but prepares for the next death."
- "Funeral of the Dead Butterflies gazes upon <name> in silence."
- "Funeral of the Dead Butterflies dreams. The curtain is drawn on an empty faith with no exits."
- "The huge coffin is not enough to replace the hundreds of graves."
- "<Name> watches the funeral procession of the butterflies."
- "The burdensome fluttering wings comes closer in a familiar yet strange way."
- "This place has no flowers or trees, so where are all those butterflies coming from?"
- "The employees cannot return to whence they came and have no choice but to repeat the day."
- "The funeral procession never ends, and <name> continues to mourn."
- "<Name> thinks about the end of life."
- "Returning to whence you came is a miracle that can never happen."
- "Death in your finest hour is an unexpected blessing."
- "In fact, most employees who died here wanted to live as long as possible."
- "Some thought death would be a new start, but there is nothing but void after death."
- The E.G.O. weapon of the Abnormality is the first weapon to include two types of damages, White, displayed for the weapon, and Black as the secondary damage type.
- The file name for Funeral of the Dead Butterflies was titled ButterflyMan.
- It possibly represents thanatophobia, the fear of death.