"There are no coincidences in the universe."
- Fragment of the Universe
Fragment of the Universe (O-03-60) is an Abnormality whose form is a black ball made of a material not on Earth, with five appendages coming off of it in an asymmetrical manner. The main portion of the body has three brightly colored heart shaped spots on it. The four long appendages are referred to as tentacles. The fifth appendage coming off of the top of the body has a shape similar to a poorly drawn heart. It has been described as having a "metaphysical form [that] can hardly be explained in human language."
Its ability can be triggered by random chance after finishing a task with a bad or normal mood range result, or by an employee panicking in its containment room.
When one of the conditions is met, Fragment of the Universe will change its form and start to breach. While breaching, the Fragment of the Universe will roam around the facility, stopping sometimes to sing its 'song', dealing constant White type damage to nearby employees in the same room for an amount of time and slowing their movement speed. It will try to approach employees and begin attacking them, dealing Black type damage. It will keep wandering around until subdued.
The Fragment of the Universe seems to have arrived at Earth from outer space, a member of an unknown race, having a unfixed form when it first arrived. When it was found by the company and brought to the facility, the workers started doing experiments, with studies focused on the abnormality's reactions. After performing the experiments, the abnormality's form started to change depending on what it would see, like a child's smile or the shape of an heart; Also trying to mimic sounds, such as the sound of 'laughing'. The current form of Fragment of the Universe is a black ball covered by 'hearts' of different colors, probably caused by the experiments, and is able to produce unknown sounds, implied to be a 'song', named by the employees as "Echoes from the Beyond". In some cases, when employees attempted to interact further with the abnormality, they received severe mental damage, acting irregular, thus being placed in mental hospitals.
Where it was found, how it arrived to the facility and when the experiments took place are unknown.
Fragment of the Universe responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Attachment, Repression, Insight and Instinct.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Fragment of the Universe's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-3 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 4-7 will cause it to feel normal, and 8-12 will provide a happy result. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. The Max Work Count is 3 works.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (TETH), portrait, Damage Type (Black 1 - 3), the amount of E-Boxes (12) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression How to Work List (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
How to Manage 1 (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
- "How to Manage 1"
- "As a result of putting in a large number of employees, Employees with prudence level 1 was found not to be affected by the Fragment of The Universe. Therefore a psychoanalytic study of optimist employee was requested."
Quick Defense (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. This include his defenses when breaching:
Red: Normal (1.0) - White: Weakness (1.5) - Black: Normal (1.0) - Pale: Vulnerable (2.0)
|Work||Level 1 Percentage||Level 2 Percentage||Level 3 Percentage||Level 4 Percentage||Level 5 Percentage|
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Work Speed Rate 5+
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Working Success Rate +5%
Unlocks an Armor named 'Type B-03 Spear from Somewhere'.
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Work Speed Rate 5+
Unlocks an Weapon named 'Type A-03 Spear from Somewhere'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Working Success Rate +5%
- "At first, it had no fixed form. It was changing its shape in a minuscule speed. The chemical component test resulted that it is made of material that is not present on the Earth. Its metaphysical form can hardly be explained in human language.
- "Sometimes, it engages in unintelligible linguistic activity. An employee tried to decode what it is saying, but resulted in mental derangement."
- "Its parts that seem to be tentacles can penetrate objects, if an employee is attacked by these tentacles, they suffer permanent brain damage."
- "If this abnormality escapes from its chamber, it emits incomprehensible sounds. Considering that these sounds have some sort of melody, they are designated as a song. Employees who were exposed to the song lost good amount of memories and suffered from sever mental damage. Some testified that the song was sounds that cannot be created in this world or plane. Thus, this song has been named "Echoes from the beyond." (See document 2 <The song>)"
- "Experiment 1_<Possibility of communication>
We have concluded that this abnormality possesses intelligence that is equivalent of, or advanced than human. We proceeded to give simple lectures on human language. As a result, we were able to communicate with it in some form. The followings are documented text of the conversation record.
Q: Do your race all look the same as you?
A: Negative. Outside. Child. See. Picture. Face. Happiness. Change. Shape.
Q: Why are you here?
A: Knowledge. Give. Human.
Q: Why are you trying to give us the knowledge?
A: Understand. Knowledge. Moment. Know. Universe. Coincidence. Negative. No.
The followings are the result of efforts to comprehend the abnormality's words.
1. It took its form referencing to a child's painting, and because the child looked happy, it changed the shape.
2. It came here to give humanity their knowledge, the moment we understand this knowledge, we will know the goal behind its action.
3. There are no coincidences in the universe."
- "Experiment_2 <Reaction to laughter>
After being exposed to the video of laughter for 30 minutes, it perceived the facial expression of laughter. After this experiment, when an employee enters its chamber, it sometimes rips its bottom in lengthways and makes eerie sound. It is assumed to be imitation of laughter."
- "Experiment_3 <Comprehension of symbols>;
As we taught this abnormality our language, we also gave lectures about the meaning of symbols. The abnormality had a special reaction to the symbol of heart.
Q: (Showing the heart symbol) This is a symbol representing a heart. People think emotions come from hearts, so this symbol its often used to express one's positive feelings to others.
Later, we saw symbols similat to "hearts" drawn on this abnormality's body. It is assumed that the abnormality understood the meaning of heart symbol as friendly approach.
Considering the results of experiments, the abnormality does not possess any hostility towards humanity, rather, it is trying to be friendly."
- "Document 1 <Song of employee David>
Employee David was well-known as a person who tries to commune with "Fragment of the Universe". His queer hobbies involved reading eccentric and suspicious books, and watching stars through a telescope. He was interested in "fragment of the Universe" since he joined the company, and it was later found out that he had been researching the abnormality's language and behavior pattern out of personal curiosity.
What happened to him is, to be direct, that he eventually succeeded to enter the plane of "Fragment of the Universe". However, his brain was not capable of handling such burden. He had to be transferred to mental hospital. In there, he starved to death, after surviving for few days singing something unintelligible while refusing to eat. After this incident, we decided to lock away the audio file that contains the abnormality's sound.
Audio record: Echoes from the beyond (Currently deleted)"
- "Document 2 <The song>
.....Haven't I told you that these people went crazy because of that abnormality? They show irregular behavior on a certain day. I am not sure there is any rule to it, though. In the night, when everyone is asleep, these three guys scream to the top of their lung, looking up to the ceiling. I went through a lot of trouble explaining it to the other patients that that was just a practice for Halloween stage. No counseling or drugs help this. They just keep repeating "It's coming. It's coming. It's coming.". Sometimes they say something different but I don't think that language even exists in this world. I think putting them into a normal medical institute was a mistake.
- Letter from Dr. Alisha from OO hospital."
Flavour Text Edit
- "<Name> and other employees went crazy look like they are calling for something with their song."
- "Employees shudder in fear when Fragment of the Universe tries to laugh."
- "Fragment of the Universe's tentacles blur the line between human and aline dimension."
- "The moment we enter Fragment of the Universe's universe, then we will finally understand the secrets of the universe."
- "Fragment of the Universe once told us, "There are no coincidences in the universe."
- "Whatever their original purpose is, those tentacles inflict severe damage to human brain."
- The Abnormality has received a small visual effect in the version 0.1 when attacking employees while breaching, similar to black circular marks.
|ZAYIN||One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds|
|TETH||Abandoned Murderer - Beauty and the Beast - Fragment of the Universe - Scorched Girl - Spider Bud - Woman Facing the Wall|
|HE||All-Around Helper - Happy Teddy - Judgement Bird - Red Shoes - Rudol-ta of Sled|
|WAW||QueenBee - Snow White's Apple|
|ALEPH||The Silent Orchestra|