"What happens when the black swan wakes up from the dream of being a white swan?"
- Dream of a Black Swan's entry
Dream of a Black Swan (F-02-70) is a group of siblings consisting of 6 brothers and 1 sister. The brothers are human boys with short blonde hair and blue eyes who wear black nettle shirts with a green necklace holding a gem in the middle, along with black pants and orange shoes. They are the only ones standing inside the containment unit. There are 5 at the front while the one in the back is in the middle.
Its ability will trigger when their Qliphoth counter reaches 0. Dream of a Black Swan has multiple ways to reduce its counter and when the counter decreases, the appearance of the brothers will change depending on the condition met. Each brother has their own change that is independent of the others. Possible changes include their eyes becoming hollow, their mouths becoming covered by a green leaf-like part, one melting, and losing their legs and revealing the smiling brother behind him.
All of these methods reduce their counter by 1 and tend to occur once per time before resetting:
- By getting a Normal Work Result with the Abnormality. (Fifth brother)
- By getting a Bad Work Result with the Abnormality. (Fourth brother)
- Each time 5 employees die. (First brother)
- Each time 5 employees panic. (Second brother)
- Each time 3 Abnormalities breach. (Third brother)
Once the Qliphoth counter of the Abnormality is depleted, the "sister" will appear somewhere in the facility.
She appears similar to a large goose or bird-like creature with a black feathered body, wearing a necklace like the brothers, while the neck of the bird ends in what seems to be a beak, revealing the head of the Abnormality. She has gray skin, smooth blonde hair similar to the brothers, and two heads fused together with 2 mouths, noses and 3 eyes, with the middle also fused with the other head. She has feathered arms with gray hands and dark wings, and holds an umbrella with an orange striped handle and black feathers. She has 2 orange striped humanoid legs.
The sister roams the facility, smacking other employees with her umbrella, dealing average Red damage. She can open her umbrella and move forwards with it, dealing Black damage against the employees that she passes through and deflecting any type of damage back to the attackers who are in front her. If she passes near another Abnormality's containment room and it possesses a Qliphoth counter, it will drop it by 1 and if it reaches 0, it will trigger the ability of said Abnormality, leading to breaches or other events.
After she takes enough damage, the beak will close and she will change to be more like a swan. Her attacks remain the same, but with a new addition: She will stop to let out a screech, decreasing the Qliphoth counter of nearby Abnormalities. She will remain until suppressed or the day ends.
Eliya is the sister of the 6 brothers. They were once a full family with their parents in the past, living poorly in a city. Her parents always told her that they haven't nothing to give at her, but that she had gems of honesty and diligence, that will lead to joy at the end.
Some time after, the city was covered with a grey fog, that didn't dissipate after some days, causing disorientation and worrying citizens, but most of them ignored it. Eliya, who was the only one of her other brothers left with a job, due to the failures that the brother went through; has been left with debts and working to support her family, expecting that if she worked just a little harder, the problems will work by themselves, solving her family in trouble.
Some people left the city due to the fog and others said that the city was done for, however, Eliya didn't listen and went on working, making nettle clothing for her brothers to remember this moment, at least for a while. The fog already had some effect on Eliya, causing her nausea and blisters. During her last day of work, she collided with a stranger, making them fall down. The stranger rejected her help to get up, getting up by itself, but later collapsing once again, after trying to run from something. Eliya tried to get closer and ask at the stranger, but their mouth opened, showing a gooey mixture of blood and green ooze coming out from every hole on their head. After hearing a roar in the distance, Eliya tried to get back to home, collapsing to the ground, along with everyone else trapped in the fog, starting to vomit and seeing her brothers in the distance, who were immune to the effects of the fog thanks to her nettle garments.
What happened after is unknown, but Eliya turned into the Black Swan, who still roam the zone when their brothers are in danger. Even when the nettle clothing provided immunity against the fog for the brothers, they show various symptoms during containment, when their Qliphoth counter drops. As well, them and her sister wear green gems on their necklaces, probably the ones told by her parents. When and where they got captured is unknown, but probably they were extracted from the same mentioned city.
Dream of a Black Swan responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Instinct, Insight, Repression; and Attachment.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Dream of a Black Swan's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-8 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 9-16 will cause it to feel normal, and 17-24 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 5.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (WAW), portrait, Damage Type (White 5 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (24), emotional states and their Qliphoth counter.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 7 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4/5/6 (Cost: 5 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When the results from work are Poor, the Qliphoth counter will be reduced and F-02-70-4's appearance will be changed."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the results from work are Medium, the Qliphoth counter will be reduced and F-02-70-5's appearance will be changed.
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "When 5 or more employees die inside the facility, the Qliphoth counter will be reduced and F-02-70-1's appearance will be changed."
- "Managerial Works 4"
- "When 5 or more employees inside the facility panic, the Qliphoth counter will be reduced and F-02-70-2’s appearance will be changed."
- "Managerial Works 5"
- "After 3 confirmed Abnormality escapes, the Qliphoth counter’s will be reduced and Dream of a Black Swan-3’s appearance change will be confirmed."
- "Managerial Works 6"
- "<Warning>Forceful reduction of the Qliphoth counter could also change Dream of a Black Swan."
Escape Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (2). Even when is classified as a 'Non-Escaped Object', the sister breaches instead. Her defenses are the next:
Red: Normal (1.0) - White: Endured (0.8) - Black: Vulnerable (1.5) - Pale: Normal (1.0)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Speed Rate +3
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +3%
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +3
Unlocks the Armor 'Black Swan'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Success Rate +3%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Black Swan'.
- "Eliya had so much family to provide for."
- "Her poor parents always told her that they had nothing to give her, but she would always have gems of honesty and diligence. These gems can’t be seen and may not help out much right now, but they will help lead you to joy in the end..."
- "One day, the city was covered by a dense fog.
The grey fog, first thought to be a natural phenomenon, didn’t dissipate after a few days."
- "Some claimed to be disoriented by it, but most people just ignored it. People still worked and went about their days in the fog.
Eliya was one of those people. She inherited lots of debt and was the only one in her family with a job. She had many brothers, but their wills were broken after many failures.
Eliya was tired but thought that if she just worked a little harder, things would work themselves out just like in a fairy tale, similar to what her parents used to tell her.
Just like a bird who spreads its white wings will eventually become the envy of all."
- "Some people left the city due to the fog.
Others said the city was done for, but Eliya didn’t listen.
She sometimes experienced nausea and her body would blister.
Almost there. Just a little longer and the clothing made of nettle will be ready. By giving it to her brothers she loved, everyone would remember this moment, well at least for a while."
- "One day after work, she collided with someone passing by. The stranger fell down, so she offered to help, extending out her hand.
But the person rejected her help, getting up and walked few steps and then collapsing. Eliya stopped, because the stranger seemed to be running from something.
Eliya tried to ask what was wrong, but the stranger’s mouth barely opened, not saying a word. She waited for a response.
The stranger seemed to refuse to respond.
Then, a gooey mixture of blood and green ooze started to pour out.
First from the mouth and then from the ears and eyes. Eliya might have helped if it was just coming from the stranger's mouth.
She heard a loud roaring off in the distance, slowly walking away from the stranger.
What happens when the black swan wakes up from the dream of being a white swan?
There were lots of people lying down inside the smoke. Some shouting, some laughing, some wielding clubs, and some curled up in despair. There was black, wet, and smelly debris all over the place, covered with footprints.
She started looking for her brothers, who would have to be immune to the effects by wearing the shirt made of nettle. Her family dreamed of happiness together.
She saw her brothers off in the distance.
Eliya fell to her knees and started to vomit along with everyone else.
A gentle wave swept over the lake just like if a number of swans had just taken flight..."
Flavour Text Edit
- "<Name> designated to Dream of a Black Swan containment room."
- "Dream of a Black Swan‘s brothers just blinked, as if it was the only thing they could do inside the Containment Unit."
- "When her brothers show any sign of pain, #0 would approach them, dragging her restless body."
- Dream of a Black Swan is the first Abnormality that summons another to breach instead of escaping from the containment itself.
- Despite of being humans, Dream of a Black Swan is classified as Animal in their subject classification, referring to the sister instead.