"This magical bullet truly can hit anyone you say!"
- Der Freischüz's Encyclopedia Text
Der Freischütz (F-01-69) is a humanoid abnormality that wears a large cloak and grey clothing. The color pallet of it's cloak consists of a black, yellow, and blue. It has a black wispy form with no discernible features besides it's eyes, head, arms, and legs. It carries a large gun, most likely a musket, with it.
Its ability triggers when its Qliphoth Counter reaches 0 or by doing a 'commission.' The ways to lower the abnormalities Qliphoth Counter are as follows:
- If an employee with Justice lower than Level 3 works on the abnormality the counter will go down by 1 when the work is done.
- When the work result is bad, the Qliphoth counter of the abnormality will go down by 1.
When the Der Freischütz's Qliphoth counter reaches zero OR you commission the abnormality for a shot it will perform its ability.
Der Freischütz fires a powerful bullet that flies from the left of the screen to the right. It can pierce through every wall, abnormality, and employee, dealing 120 of Black Damage.
To commission, the player have to select the Attachment work, now replaced by the commission. When you commission the abnormality for a shot you get to aim where the bullet flies from, with the time stopped until is shot. Commissioning Der Freischütz costs 10% of your current Energy. You cannot use the ability at 0 Energy.
If Der Freischütz is firing due to its Qliphoth counter reaching 0, it will simply aim at a random point on the screen.
The origin of Der Freischütz is as follows: A hunter received a gun from the devil (most likely after reaching a point of despair that caused his soul to fall down to hell) that the final bullet would end up shooting and killing all of his beloved. After the bullet that killed his beloved vanished, he traveled to numerous worlds, doing what ever he felt based on impulse. One day he realized that the devil no longer around him because his soul had fallen to hell and the contract with the devil had been completed. Eventually at some point the marksman became a devil himself, shooting whoever he wanted to gather souls.
How the abnormality was captured or arrived at the facility is unknown.
Der Freischütz responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Attachment (Hiring/Commissioning), Repression, Instinct and Insight.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Der Freischütz's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-6 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 7-11 will cause it to feel normal, and 12-18 will make it's mood result happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 16 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (HE), portrait, Damage Type (Black 3 - 4), the amount of E-Boxes (18) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 5 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2/3/4/5/6 (Cost: 3 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "You can proceed with the request for Der Freischütz. At the time of the request, 10% of the current energy is consumed."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "However, bullets that are fired after commissioning can penetrate all objects and cause damage."
- "Managerial Works 3"
- "<Name>, an employee whose Justice below level 3 completed the Der Freischütz work, lowering the Qliphoth counter of Der Freischütz.
- "Managerial Works 4"
- "When the work result was normal, Der Freischütz's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a normal probability."
- "Managerial Works 5"
- "When the work result was bad, Der Freischütz's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probabilty."
- "Managerial Works 6"
- "When Qliphoth counter reaches 0, Der Freischütz will fire a bullet by himself toward somewhere inside this facility."
Escape Information (Cost: 16 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth Counter (3): "Non Escaped Abnormality"
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Speed Rate +4
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Success Rate +4%
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Speed Rate +4
Unlocks the Weapon "Magical Bullet".
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Success Rate +4%
- "The devil ultimately wants despair."
- "Despair wears the mind down, making one lose the will to go forward. The moment one feels nothing is beyond itself, the soul dies and falls down to hell, the domain of the devil. This is why the devils enjoys watching people in despair rather than concentrating on a simple work like murder. We say, "Sold your soul to the devil."
- "When a hunter received a gun from the devil, the devil proposed a cunning contract that the last bullet would puncture the heads of his beloved. The moment he heard that, he shot everyone he loved. Then he told the devil, 'This magical bullet truly can hit anyone you say!' Having his last bullet vanish, the hunter traveled to numerous worlds. Sometimes he helped those in need or fought evil, but it was all the result of an impulse, not his goodwill. Some called him a hunter of justice, while others called him the bloody marksman. "
- "One day, the hunter realized the devil no longer lingered over him. He wondered why, but realized his soul had already fallen to hell. The contract had already been completed, so the devil was gone."
- "The marksman, now a devil, continued to pull the trigger to gather the souls of others. Similar to how the devil worked, the bullets would puncture anyone he pleased, forever."
Flavour Text Edit
- "<Name> doesn't remember anything positive such as love or joy but only reacts to things that are dying."
- "<Name>‘s heart has long been impaled by the Magical Bullet, which could hit anything it chooses."
- "Like all pacts with the devil, <Name>‘s job won’t end peacefully."
- The name Der Freischütz is taken from the name of a German opera by the same name.
- Der Freischütz is usually translated to "The Marksman or The Freeshooter." (Source: Wikipedia)
- The Opera itself if based off the the German tale Freischütz (Freeshooter).
- His E.G.O. Weapon "Magical Bullet" can perform a same shot as him.
- This Abnormality is the first one after-Legacy version to have a special work.