"But the curse continues, never to be removed."
- Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast (F-02-44) is a quadruped Abnormality covered in brown fur. It has two downward-curled horns with round, magenta flowers sprouting from them; An uncountable amount of green eyes, two black hind legs similar to a cricket, and two forelegs with four-toed, red-tipped feet. It also has a black underbelly, stumped tail, two red curved lines on its side (possibly a scar or set of gills) and a set of mandibles. Its right foreleg is partially black with flecks of color. The creature itself is not the abnormality, as that is actually the curse that causes the beast to be formed.
Its special ability activates when Repression is used on it in two stages in a row. When Repression is done the first time Beauty and the Beast's health will worsen and it will produce a good amount of E-Boxes. If Repression is done a second time without another work being down in between, the original abnormality will die, and the employee who did the work will turn into the new Beauty and the Beast.
Beauty and the Beast's story starts with the creature being a count who is reserved only to live in its castle and never leave. Still, it could hire people to work in the castle. Beauty, a poor woman with green eyes, was hired to work in the castle for high wage. She did this because of the rumor that anyone who enters the castle is never heard from again, thus nobody else would accept. As days passed, despite the creature being gentle and giving her money at the end of each night, Beauty wanted the entire fortune and the castle for herself. She decided to enter the count's room one day, and stabbed the creature with a knife. But this action caused Beauty to become the monster, with the fortune and castle for herself. It's possible that other people, also driven by their own greed, met the same fate before or after the incident in the story.
Where Beauty and the Beast was found and how it arrived in Lobotomy Corporation is still unknown, but if the story isn't fictional, it can be assumed that the creature never left the castle. It is likely that it would have been found in the same castle where the story took place.
Beauty and the Beast responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Repression, Insight, Instinct, and Attachment.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Beauty and the Beast's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-4 E Boxes will cause it to feel distressed, completing 5-8 will cause it to feel normal, and 9-12 will make it be happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 10 seconds. Its Max Work Count is 3 works.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (TETH), portrait, Damage Type (White 2 - 4), the amount of E-Boxes (12) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
List of Managerial Works 1/2/3 (Cost: 4 PE Boxes)
- "List of Managerial Works 1"
- "When the repression work was carried out, the success rate of the work was the highest. Repression work is proved to boost Beauty and the Beast's PE-Box production efficiency while worsening health status."
- "List of Managerial Works 2"
- "Beauty and the Beast's health status improved when it was exposed to other type of work instead of repression."
- "List of Managerial Works 3"
- "Beauty and the Beast fell to the ground when it was exposed to repression in a row. A strange phenomenon occurred to an employee who worked on Beauty and the Beast when it was disappeared. A moment later, a new Beauty and the Beast has appeared."
Defense (Cost: 12 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not. "Non Escaped Object"
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Working Success Rate +4%
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Work Speed Rate 6+
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the HP and MP 2. Has the appearance of a purple flower attached to the hair and has a 5% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Additionally, unlocks the Armor 'Horn'.
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Working Success Rate +6%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Horn'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Work Speed Rate 4+
- "Beauty was a woman with beautiful green eyes. Also, she was very poor. One day, she had a job. High wage for those who work at the count's house."
- "There was a rumor about count that he is a monster and anyone who entered his castle is never heard from again."
- "This dreadful monster must have eaten all those people,' she thought, and carried a sharp knife in her pocket."
- "The woman worked in the count's house. Though she could not see the monster himself. When the night comes with pitch-black darkness, the monster talked to her. Contrast to her belief, his voice was very gentle and he gave her a lot of money."
- "As days passed, a greed has risen inside of her heart. 'If that count dies, this house and its fortune will be mine!'"
- "One day, she walked into the count's room which she was told not to enter during the day. The count's appearance was horrifying. Hundreds of eyes, four legs, he was not human nor a beast."
- "The woman thought, 'It is better for the world to get rid of this dreadful monster'. She stabbed the monster with her knife."
- "However, surprisingly, the monster started laughing."
- "'What's so funny?' Even before those words escaped her mouth, her body started changing. Hundreds of eyes, four legs, furs sprouting out from her skin. In the end, she looked just like the monster she stabbed."
- "Now, the castle and the fortune were hers."
- "...There is a rumor, anyone who enters the count's castle will be never heard again."
Flavour Text Edit
- "Beauty and the Beast is looking for someone who can lift its curse."
- "The curse cannot be lifted, it only repeats"
- "Death is another delight of birth"
- "Beauty and the Beast thinks its appearance is dreadful and trying to destroy itself."
- Beauty and the Beast's name is an obvious reference to the French fairy tale written by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve.
- Beauty and the Beast's eyes color probably were inherited by Beauty, who also had green eyes, mentioned in the encyclopedia entries.
- The rumor claimed that all who entered the castle died, meaning it may be possible that something in Beauty and the Beast compels people enter to kill it, but the most probable reason is overwhelming greed to inherit the fortune, like in Beauty's story.