The Twelve Apostles, including the Heretic, are employees who have been blessed at some point by the Plague Doctor. In all technicality, they are abnormalities, but essentially a part of WhiteNight. They have two forms: Untransformed, where the player has control over them just like normal employees, and transformed, where the Plague Doctor's second form, WhiteNight, has control over them after his ability. The transformation doesn't have any effect on the twelfth Apostle, who is deemed a Heretic.
The eleven transformed Apostles are tall, lanky, missionaries with an exoskeleton. They wear masks that correspond to the place that they are located on Plague Doctor's clock, with their now exposed jawline showing beneath and their eyes on their masks also glowing Red or Blue. On their backs, they don wings much like that of WhiteNight. They retain the hairstyle they had when they were human. Each of the eleven Apostles use different types of weapons and bear their own attack type and defenses:
- Scythe: These Apostles wield a black cross with a scythe like design, and on the blade, "666" is written on it. At the other end of the weapon is a tiny red cross. They roam around in search for employees or abnormalities in the facility. They posses two attacks that deal a massive amount of Red Damage. Theses attacks being a large upward arc and the other being a downward arc with their scythe. The Apostle will occasionally do a short Idle animation, that looks like they are lazily trying to grab something. If an employee is standing near the Apostle while it is Idling, they will grab the employee, Possessing them, as they preform a swing that will instantly kill the Possessed employee. There is another form of these Apostle that are slightly stronger and deal Pale Damage instead of Red Damage. These Apostles will stay in the main room where WhiteNight is located.
- Spear: These Apostles wield a spear like object made out of a cross shape. At the two ends of the smaller part of the cross are red rings. These Apostles will roam around in search for an employee or abnormality. These Apostles will charge up an attack when they find a target in front of them. Once their charge is finished, they will dash forward with the spear in front dealing a large amount of Black Damage to all the employees or abnormalities in their path.
- Wand: These Apostles wield a cross like object with a big red ring on the end, at the two ends of the smaller part of the cross are two tiny rings that have a chain on them. These Apostles will roam around the facility and will charge up an attack when an employee or abnormality is in front of them. When their charge is finished, a dark beam will fire from the top of the weapon and lock onto the employee or abnormality closest to them, continuously dealing White Damage. If the entity moves quickly behind the Apostle or away from it to avoid the attack, the dark beam will miss the target, firing in the position where the target should have been.
The appearance of the untransformed Apostle, 'The Twelfth Apostle, The Heretic', remains mostly unchanged, with a 16th century 'plague doctor' (not to be confused with the Abnormality) mask, resembling that of the actual Plague Doctor (Abnormality), on their face. The twelfth Apostle is ignored by the other Apostles, gains immunity against any damage, and in addition, it can only do the special work on One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds, defeating WhiteNight instantly, but its EGO Weapon will not be granted. One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds' special work will be available as long as WhiteNight is escaping and can only be accessed by the 12th Apostle.
- Each line also known as each Apostle of WhiteNight in the game is similar to each specific Apostle of Jesus Christ based on the the Bible. The names of the 12 Apostles of Jesus Christ are:
- Saint Peter = 1st Apostle
- Andrew = 2nd Apostle
- James = 3rd Apostle
- John = 4th Apostle
- Philip = 5th Apostle
- Matthew = 6th Apostle
- Simon = 7th Apostle
- Thomas = 8th Apostle
- Bartholomew = 9th Apostle
- Jude = 10th Apostle
- James = 11th Apostle
- Judas Iscariot = 12th Apostle