"With her hope to return to dust, It will return to grave with everything that desire to live."
- Alriune's Entry
Alriune (T-04-53) is an Abnormality that is tall, pink, and looks similar to a horse. She has 6 pointed legs, a long neck covered in bright teal leaves, and a humanoid head with empty eye sockets and pink dust coming out of her mouth. She is also wearing a pink sunhat with a leaf. Pink petals fall around her.
Her ability will trigger when her Qliphoth counter reach 0. Her counter might decrease when getting a Good or Bad mental result. Alriune will escape when her counter reach 0, teleporting by using a pink flower-like curtain while she breach. She can teleport around the facility by performing this action to different locations, except the main room.
When an employee is in the same room as her, petals will start to show up above her after some time, appearing in intervals from transparent to visible, up to 3 petals. When the 3 petals are visible, Alriune will deal a high amount of White Damage to any employees in the same room and soon after, teleport to another location. If the employee runs out of mental health as a result of this effect, instead of going into a panicked state, they will be covered by a pink curtain like Alriune and when the curtain disappears, they will be covered in petals and leaves and considered dead. She will resume her breach until subdued or the day ends.
Alriune is a doll who yearned to be human. While loved by many people for her soulful eyes, time passed and she was abandoned in a dark forest where the crows stole them from her. As more time went by, being abandoned caused her mind, heart, and life to start to fade away. She started to turn to dust.
Alriune seems to repeat a cycle of life, similar to 'dust you are and to dust you shall return'. This concept seem to be mentioned in her encyclopedia entries, and in the case that she has to 'return to dust', she will bring everyone else to her own fate.
Where Alriune was found and how she arrived in the facility is still unknown.
Alriune responds to the four works in order of best to worst: Instinct, Insight, Attachment, and Repression.
Like all Abnormalities, its energy output is determined by the number of PE Boxes (Positive Enkephalin boxes) at the end of the interaction.
Alriune's emotional state is divided into 3 sections, bad, normal, and good. Completing 0-7 E Boxes will cause her to feel distressed, completing 8-15 will cause her to feel normal, and 16-22 will make her to be happy. Its usual waiting time after a task is around 15 seconds. Its Qliphoth counter is 1.
Unlockable Information/Upgrades Edit
Basic Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Unlocks and shows the name of the Abnormality, subject classification, Risk Level (WAW), portrait, Damage Type (Red 4 - 6), the amount of E-Boxes (22) and their emotional state.
Instinct/Insight/Attachment/Repression List of Field Works (Cost: 6 PE Boxes)
Unlocks the percentage level list to the respective work.
Managerial Works 1/2 (Cost: 15 PE Boxes)
- "Managerial Works 1"
- "When the work result was good, Alriune's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
- "Managerial Works 2"
- "When the work result was bad, Alriune's Qliphoth counter has decreased with a high probability."
Escape Information (Cost: 20 PE Boxes)
Information if the Abnormality can escape or not, plus its Qliphoth counter (1). This include her defenses when breaching:
Red: Vulnerable (1.2) - White: Immuned (0.0) - Black: Endured (0.5) - Pale: Vulnerable (1.5)
Observation Level Edit
Level 1 (1 Section unlocked): Work Speed Rate +3
Level 2 (2 Sections unlocked): Working Success Rate +3%
Unlocks an E.G.O. Trait, which increase the MP by 4 points and the work speed of the employee by 2. Has the appearance of a crown of petals and pink dust, and has a 3% of being equipped to an employee after finishing a work with the Abnormality.
Level 3 (3 Sections unlocked): Work Speed Rate +3
Unlocks the Armor 'Reverberation'.
Level 4 (All details unlocked): Working Success Rate +3%
Unlocks the Weapon 'Reverberation'.
- "It has smooth surface. Eye sockets are empty; they are filled with growing plants."
- "Alriune, a doll yearned to be a human. It was loved by people with her soulful eyes."
- "Alriune, abandoned in dark forest. Crows desired and stole her glittering eyes. Her mind, life, and heart slowly faded away."
- "Alriune, seeing everything without eyes. A human yearned to be a doll. With her hope to return to dust, It will return to dust with everything that desire to live."
Flavour Text Edit
- "The one came from nothing, will return with nothing."
- "Unwithering flowers blossom violently."
- "Employee <name> is deeply impressed by Lavenders saturating the containment chamber."
- "Employee <name> gushes out refreshing scent instead of blood."
- "Alriune remembers the scorches inside"
- "Perhaps we tried to make a human without a heart."
- "Employee <name> wants to have a spring sleep cozily in the flower bed."
- "Allione, once bloomed and withered. It realized the meaning of resurrection. The traces will remain and all lives gather to Alriune."
- "Flower blooms in everyone's heart."
- Alriune made a cameo in the teaser trailer as one of the shadows in the crashed elevator scene.
- When viewed up close, Alriune makes a sound like leaves cracking, or an earthquake.
- Alriune is most likely related and/or based off of Alraune (German for Mandrake) which is the title of the German myth, more can be read about it here: Alraune.
- A very simple summary can be taken from the Wikipedia page in which: "Witches who 'made love' to the Mandrake root were said to produce offspring that had no feelings of real love and had no soul."
- This can be tied to the flavor text "Perhaps we tried to make a human without a heart."