"Every Abnormality may not have [a] reason to exist, but have [has an] intention to exist."
- Singing Machine's Flavour TextAbnormalities are, as their name suggests, various abnormalities found in the world that cannot be explained by conventional means or modern day science, while also giving off irregular amounts of power. They are given classification via letters and numbers, while also being given nicknames akin to their appearances and abilities.
Various Abnormalities are sent to Lobotomy Corporation in order to be studied and used for power supplication of the facility as well as other unexplained uses of said power. They range on a danger scale, and their effects can be classed into color-based types.
The entities or Abnormalities which can't be contained in containment rooms and appear around the facility, are called Ordeals. These creatures usually appear as part of random events.
Classification Code Edit
Their details are encoded in their classification, following the given order:
The first letter classifies its origin (Fairy Tale, Trauma, Original), the second number classifies its type (1 for humanoid, 2 for animal, 3 for religious, 4 for inanimate object, 5 for machine or artifact, 6 for abstraction or amalgamation, 9 for tool), the third number classifies the generation order (unconfirmed), and the last letter (Only for Legacy) is for the risk level classification (Z for ZAYIN, T for TETH, and so on). In effect, a player knowing this can get a huge jumpstart on information about the abnormality.
They are notably similar, and inspired, by the various Special Containment Procedure objects from the SCP Foundation.
A list of unreleased abnormalities can be found here.
List of Released AbnormalitiesEdit
- Each of the damage types is the same color of one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- WHITE for the white horse of Conquest.
- RED for the red horse of War.
- BLACK for the black horse of Famine.
- PALE for the pale horse of Death.